Need Two Screws

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a dumb-***. I misplaced two screws when I was installing the propeller guards. I have circled the missing screws in the attached image. If anyone has extras and is able to send two of these out to me I'll be truly grateful. I reside in IL, USA.

I could order them from DJI's site but cost is $5 and shipping is $10??? I mean it will literally cost less than a dollar to mail them out.

Thank you!

Attachments

• missing screw.jpg
    missing screw.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 483
I'll ship these to you, I have extras after purchasing the arm reinforcements...which could be an option for you for peace of mind. Let me know, send me your address in a pm

Reactions: CyberAthlete
Maybe I should check mine to make sure the screws are there. I have swapped the prop guards on and off a few times, now that i've become very comfortable flying the P3P I know longer need the guards.

I haven't looked at them but how are they that special? Are they not just common metric screws? Is there something about them that you can't just pop down to the local Ace or True value and pick up some metric hex screws and get on with flying? I briefly looked my P3A over when I got it, and I swear they were just hex cap screws but I wasn't looking at them with an eye on replacing them.

Have you looked at McMaster Carr?

As a point of interest, are there any recommended torque settings for various fasteners on the Phantoms to avoid having them fall out or worse, stripping something?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As a point of interest, are there any recommended torque settings for various fasteners on the Phantoms to avoid having them fall out or worse, stripping something?
Always good to use something like Loctite Threadlocker which will prevent screws loosening from shock and vibration. I use Blue on my drones because it does not bond as strong as the others do which means you will still be able to unscrew them if you need to.

Always good to use something like Loctite Threadlocker which will prevent screws loosening from shock and vibration. I use Blue on my drones because it does not bond as strong as the others do which means you will still be able to unscrew them if you need to.
Not a good idea to use Loctite blue. It reacts poorly with plastic. Do some research on it.

CyberAthlete, you can pick up a screw pack on Amazon or eBay for a few bucks less.

Thanks msinger. Also MAdams came through big time and is sending a few my way. I will also look into the mentioned sites next time as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl