Need some insight

Reaction score
After being a RC airplane flyer in the past I have decided to get back into the hobby with a quad. Being self taught with a plane I took control of a friends Phantom 2 and it was a breeze after almost 20 years without the sticks. Im looking at a p3A but have seen some fly away problems with some of these products. Am I just over thinking or is this just a quad problem in general? Thanks for anyone's input it would be a big help for me. Hank

The Phantom 3 seems to fly away much less than the Phantom 2. It's a huge upgrade. You will be thoroughly impressed.

I have similar experience like you. I started with gliders, planes, helis and then quads. Phantom 3 is easiest to fly. Once it reaches its altitude, you don't have to touch throttle :) We had many crashes with our earlier gliders etc, we are used to that. Only problem with P3 is that repairs are expensive. Touch wood, I'm safe so far. After enjoying my gliders, let me admit I truly love P3. If we are careful, all will be Ok. Most of the times, our over confidence hits us. Don't worry go for it, you would enjoy.

@Hecto I've been flying a little over 2yrs now. I started out with the Phantom 1, then Phantom 2, and now a Phantom 3 Advance. I've never experienced an issue with a flyaway. Please don't let some of these stories of fly aways or pilot error mishaps stop you from making that purchase. I can guarantee, you will not be disappointed.

5900_1.jpg
Remember what happened when the strings broke...

My Vision+ has at least 400 flights. I enjoy the thrill of flying way out so I have a Flytrex tracker installed just for peace of mind. Makes a Ground Station mission less nerve racking! :eek:

I enjoy flying the Phantom so much I rarely fly my fixed-wing birds since I got her. It's nice not having to trek to the field. Step outside, set her down, away you go. No runway required! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl