Need help with signal quality issues

Reaction score
I posted this over at Healthy Drones but have gotten no replies-

I have had my P3S for a little over a year and have about 175 flights and about 1 million feet/180 miles on it

-I've noticed for some time the video getting choppy, or actually freezing, and It is so random. Looking at logs I find that I started out with pretty mucn 100 signal scores for the first 5-6 months, and since late May/early June it has been erratic. I have some 100 scores, but generally they are pretty bad, as low as in the 30's, with an occasional 100 or even 90's mixed in. GPS signal is always solid green, so I need to know if the issue is my tx or something else. I did do a Argtek around July/August, and I have opened the TX up to check connections, they seem to be tight (do not pull off with a tug) so I need some input. Today the first flight (I have three batteries) was actually broken up into two scores. 47.3 for about 7 minutes-video froze, I brought it closer and while hovering, I shut down the android (Insignia Flex Elite 7.85) and restarted DJI Go, and it went up to 95.7 for the remainder of the battery, to 30%. The second battery was 67 and 72, similar symptoms-brought it in closer, restarted it after 7 minutes and frozen display (the 67 score) then 72 for the next 7 minutes. The third battery when started, no video feed at all, for about a minute, shut down the app and restarted all three, and it ran fine for almost 15 minutes, 97.7 score. I stopped all three at very close to 30% which is my normal practice when flying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well, it gets worse...last night I spent my time reading and I had my standard on a table, running down the batteries to 8% since I have not done that yet (I stop flying at 30% warning), and I had the remote and android on to monitor the declining battery-had the remote on the flip-out leg of the love seat next to me, fell asleep...woke up to a bang (not that bad it fell about 15 inches tops)...Spent today trying to figure this out, and when i went to calibrate the sticks on the remote, I found out the right stick is messed up-when it is held down, there is a reading of 0%. to the right stick when pulled down or to the left-and now it will not start up the bird since i have to hold the sticks down toward each other to start it. I can start it with the take-off button on the djigo app, but when i did that (outside in the back yard) the controls were all backwards-up was down, down was up (left stick), forward was back, back was front...that's when I found out the right stick must have been damaged in the fall...so I went to Best Buy, bought another Standard, and am going to get another remote on ebay for $100 so now I have two standards...yeah, I'm into this, after a year and one million feet I don't even want to go a day without being able to fly, so now I'll have TWO, yeah! I have a suspect standard controller for parts at least, and two drones with 4 total batteries, so I guess my problem is solved,

Nothing works like throwing money at a problem, eh?

Was the Best Buy price jacked up again? At my home town store they went up $100 after the first of the year.

Tobby

Was the Best Buy price jacked up again? At my home town store they went up $100 after the first of the year.

Tobby
yeah, it was 529 with tax, I know it is cheaper online and if I looked around it is probably 50-100 cheaper, and there is still the used versions, but it was easy, new, made me know that I have a new one that will probably do a million feet on this one too...it is an adictive hobby, I have no desire to get a professional or even an advanced since once it get over 1500 feet away it is a speck anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan