Need help with Home Lock

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so if I'm posting in the wrong thread or if there is a specific place to post my question, apologies and please direct me to the proper location. I recently purchased a Phantom 2 and I've become more confident in flying, looking to fly further distances. but I can't seem to get the Home Lock function to work. My understanding is that the PH has to be 10 meters away from you before the HL will work. I did a test at 10+ meters, rotated the PH 90 degrees from my position (the battery was facing LEFT from my position, clicked the S2 toggle into HL position, then pulled back on the right lever. I expected it to come back to my position even though the front of the PH was 90 degrees to me. It moved to the left (which would be to it's BACK). Shouldn't it have come towards me with the S2 toggle in HL position? How can I tell if it's acquired six or more satellites so that the HL feature will work? I thought when the rear lights flash green, that meant it had acquired a sufficient number of satellites. I would appreciate any help that can be provided. A step by step rundown as to how to set it up would be great. I'm clear on calibrating the compass (rotating the PH horizontally then vertically). But this HL thing is doing my head in!

1) Have you set it to Naza mode in the assistant software? If not, then do so.

2) If yes to Q1, Have you enabled IOC in the assistant software? Do this too.

3) Familiarize yourself with the naza light sequences.

I did the same test when I first tried home lock. Flew out about 30m, turned it side on to me, flipped left switch to bottom and pulled back on right stick. It flew sideways straight towards me perfectly. Note that once within 10m it will change to course lock mode. Check out some youtube vids on HL and CL.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl