need help, slow flashing yellow led, then 5 red on startup

Reaction score
Hey guys can use your help. Dji phantom 2 vision, I'm getting slow flashing yellow leds (non GPS mode), and when I input csc for motor startup, I get 5 red flashes then back to slow yellow. Here are the steps I took from research, I downloaded software assistance, upgraded firmware, calibrated imu both basic and advanced, check all parameters after calibration to make sure they fell between there range, calibrated TX, and calibrated compass. Everything went good , however same issue on start up.

Any help would be appreciated!! Oh, I also sent email to dji, they sent response that they received my email, but, never responded on what I can do to resolve this, that was a week ago.

Re: need help, slow flashing yellow led, then 5 red on star

Thank you

No, I don't get the first red flashes, when I turn on remote then quad, it flashes red yellow green, then slow yellow, according to manual it's non GPS mode. Only when I enter csc I get 5 red flashes, then right back to slow yellow. I seen that video on another thread on here, but none of the steps on that thread worked. That's why I posted a new thread.

5 yellow flashes is ready for non-GPS flight... 6 yellow flashes means it is not seeing the remote controller. You may need to try binding your controller and quad again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYic0Z6fZ8w

Nope tried that. Fast flashing yellow is remote issue. I can see the difference when you shut off remote.

Have you tryed another battery, seems to be batteri fault (1st Level Low Battery Capacity Warning

I'll guess that because its not got its GPS position fixed it won't let the motors start because it doesn't know whether its in a no fly zone or not yet? 5 rapid flashing reds means restricted flying zone afaik.

I also had this.
For me it was the cabel from GPS module was disconceted from main board ( i put a dot of glue to keep it in place)

Going to try another battery, maybe it is a bad battery. $200 for a battery!?!? That's a bit much.

ares2180 said:
Going to try another battery, maybe it is a bad battery. $200 for a battery!?!? That's a bit much.

$200 for a battery :shock: Have you tried it outside and waited for it to get GPS lock yet?

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. I have used my P2 at least 50 times but decided to open her up and install a one piece wiring set for a 600mw Transmitter and iOSD. Perhaps I knocked something loose. I can't get it to start inside or outside and am getting slow yellow on start up and then 5 red and no start. I have updated the software but can't seem to update the software for the Rx/tx unit. Anyway, anyone with any ideas i would love to hear it.
thanks.

Solved my own problem. The GPS wiring harness was loose and not fully connected.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl