Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Need Help, Crashed in the water, Need video help

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by richie.rockwell, Apr 18, 2014.

1. richie.rockwell

I crashed my Phantom Vision2 into an oil and gas pit today. I have taken the phantom apart and have it back operating but my problem is that i never "stopped" the recording when it crashed. There is a recording on the card but my mac wont open it like it normally does and I am assuming this is because the video never finalized.

Does anyone know how I can recover this video? It is used for my business and I could really use the video. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

2. John Shaw

Richie
    Search these threads for more authoritative advise, but... I believe if you put the SD card back in the phantom and turn it on, give it some time, and turn it off - the phantom camera will fix the end of that file for you. It has been discussed here.

3. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

That's exactly right. More than half the time I forget to turn the camera off. This has always fixed it. Sorry to hear of your crash and I hope all is well...

-slinger

4. richie.rockwell

Thanks guys, that worked. Unfortunately the Phantom didnt fare as well as I thought it did. It looks like 2 motors arent working up to snuff and the battery is shot.. Doesnt matter because the video is AWESOME and I got it back!

Thanks so much for your help.

5. nhoover

Post the video!!

6. F6Rider

Hell yes, we want to see the video, well, at least the end :twisted: :twisted:

7. rfernandez

we all want to see the demise!!! sorry but is like rubber necking on the highway ..