Need Feed Back on transmission and control of drone

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Greetings from Panama, I had something happened this morning which was a first for me,I believe I am now an experienced flyer as I fly about 15 hours a week for the last year. I have had several things happen over the last year which has added to the excitement of my hobby but not like this.

This morning I flew to a location across the water to a peninsula that I fly repeatedly 2 to 3 times a week. This is what happened today.

On arrival to the location, I was about 50 metres up and the Gimble became very sloppy when moving up-and-down during Recording. Then over the next couple minutes, I could not get my drone to fly in the direction I wanted it to, the controls made the drone also very sloppy in movement and would not fly in the direction I wanted to go. As always I hit the return to home. Went to my house and refresh my firmware.

Has any experienced flyer had this happen to them and if so what do you believe it was the cause.

Kind regards

James in Panamaq

Has any experienced flyer had this happen to them and if so what do you believe it was the cause.
Did you have any messages from the app at all? Take a look at your flight data by uploading the .txt data file to the link below. If that does not provide any answers, then we can go from there. Instructions are on the link. If you do upload and wish others to take a look, place a link back here to your uploaded file.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Is this it?
That is a flight, yes. Now if it is the correct one you are referencing with the issue I do not know. It would be very difficult from this data to answer your post question. You lost downlink 1 min 9 sec after takeoff and it did not re-acquire for over 10 minutes, so that data is missing. You didn't say in your post that you lost downlink. The only other way to check is to look at the aircraft .dat file. If you are interested in doing that I can supply a link with instructions. However that data is much more complex than the device data. You did have a compass issue at one point, so I suspect that the aircraft went in to ATTI mode at some point. No way to tell from this data, but that would explain the difficulty in control you mentioned.

Thank you you have been very helpful it is not necessary for me to learn anymore I just thought it was interesting that I lost control of the vehicle. I could clearly see everything had no control. But I have learned when in doubt - Hit RTH. All good.

Thank you you have been very helpful it is not necessary for me to learn anymore I just thought it was interesting that I lost control of the vehicle. I could clearly see everything had no control. But I have learned when in doubt - Hit RTH. All good.
Mayby go though all calibration procedures, compass ,imu, gimble, and rc sticks,that's what I would try before touching firmware,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72