Need clarification

Reaction score
I am a newbie and really confused. I have a newer vision 2+, iPad vision app, DSL app all with the latest upgrades. My question is I keep seeing people on this forum talking about buying extra hardware to run ground station and at the same time they talk about simulation practice. Can I just use GS in the vision app and not have to buy extra hardware? What would I need to do to use the GS app. Lastly what is the difference in the two apps if any and where do you find a manual for their use? :?: :?: :?:

On further reading I did find a post that the iPhone/iPad DJI Vision app works out of the box -no additional software or hardware needed. Is this correct? If so, I only need information about the iPad DS app.

I am using GS on my iPad mini with the data link and btu and it seems to work (although I don't know much what I am doing yet). I'm not sure what "extra hardware" you would be referring too.

Charlie

This is what I am referring to - data link - btu - this is all Greek to me I'm 80 years old and if you want to know how test tubes amplify I could tell you. I keep seeing something about a ?data link? Mounted on the phantom (does the new pv2+ have a data link built in) and while I do have some understanding of Bluetooth. On my car Bluetooth between my car radio and my cell phone needs special set up. Does it on the phantom or is it automatic if your iPad has blue tooth and is in range? I have the iPad 4 that I mount on a tripod that really gives me a great view.

I think I can use the vision app on my iPad with out any special setup (I was able to set waypoints and altitude on it indoors) - not sure yet. Using the DJI Ground Station app I don't have a clue. I downloaded the app and tried to do a simulation flight but upon loading the app I could not get it to accept any waypoints. Do I need to set everything up (controller, phantom, wifi) like I would outside? Then if I'm inside what if I hit the wrong button, would the phantom try to fly the course?

The data link, btu etc is for phantom 2's that use a gopro camera. Vision+'s don't need them, its all built in. Cant help with how to use it though, I dont have a vision+.

The Phantom 2 Vision plus Comes with it's built in Groundstation in the Vision App. This is a cut back Version of the Groundstation Hardware Version.

The built-in Version has less Options in Speed, waypoint behaviour etc. , you cannot store flightplans, you must enter all waypoints "on site" with the Phantom turned on, it has a Maximum flightradius of only 500 meters.

This is why People like me even buy the Hardware to their Vision plus, although the Systems interfere with each other.

Regards,
Kent

thanks Kent as I suspected to use the Ground Station I need to buy hardware even with iPad

Dub

Help!! Ok so I've read so much and watched so many different video's on ground station my brain is boggled. I have android app & p2v+ all updated. Do I need extra hardware? And can someone give me the link of a recommended video that will set me in the right direction.... because right now I have too many directions. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl