Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Need advice on selling ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by aggiesrwe03, Nov 24, 2014.

1. aggiesrwe03

I have my vision+ posted on Craigslist, and I have an offer from a guy (a real person) but he's asking if he can pay on PayPal so he can put it on his credit card. He's a real person and it's not a scammer asking to ship to Syria or anything he is gonna meet in person. My question is; I have only used PayPal on eBay where there is extra security if he cancels, so is it safe? I told him I'm willing to take $50 off for cash and he said he might.

2. malibusteve70

Just make sure he's verified and you should be good

3. aggiesrwe03

Ok how do I do that? Sorry I'm a PayPal rookie

4. hunch

he is located in syria or is he local and he wants to send the phantom to syria?
    if he is not local and wants you to send it to syria then RUN AWAY!
    paypal now has 180 days for buyers to claim, and guess what...paypal is buyer inclined ... i wouldn't do it.

5. aggiesrwe03

no, he is local (sorry that read to be confusing). I'm real Leary but I did know PayPal offer protection just not sure how it worked.

6. hunch

if he is local than make him gift it to your paypal. that way he can never come back at you and dispute anything.
    if he pays "for goods and service" he can turn around 6 months from now and claim it with paypal and paypal will most likely decide into his favor.
    besides if he does a gift pay, if he is right there meeting you he shouldn't have a problem with it and you will avoid paying 3% fee on the whole thing.

7. aggiesrwe03

thank you I just sold it to him we worked a cash price that worked for both of us, wish I had seen your advice first, but it's ok I still got more than what I need to buy the V3 phantom 2 and H3-3D , goPro4 videos here I come!!!

8. neilnasdaq1

Hey! I actually was searching craigslist and saw your post! Glad your getting an upgrade!

9. dmmico

Any paypal on craig list is scam !!!do not sale!!Syria hahaa
    First money and you shipp vision !!Ask him to give you call on phone and talk with you i bet hi will say no !! No phone # or so !!