Need a new tablet

Try Apex launcher in the Play Store. I've been using it since my first smarty phone and really like it. Very intuitive and very customizable. Once you get it tuned the way you like it, you'll love it.

I've almost always had Samsung phones and never liked their skins, nor did I like huawei emui

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been meaning to replace the launcher with Nova but I haven't gotten to it. I wasn't crazy about Samsung's skin but I got used to it. I've had both LG and Samsung devices and transitioning from one to the other wasn't that a big deal for me, but the Huawei definitely has some quirks. Can't say that I really care for the Huawei emui.

I use M3 lite for P4P and P3A, with both DJI Go and Litchi. Lovely tablet, good brightness, also excellent for media use (TV catch-up, films) because sound is very good and battery life impressive.
You need to run the memory cleaner just before starting DJI Go, I also removed loads of apps I didn't need.

You need to run the memory cleaner just before starting DJI Go, I also removed loads of apps I didn't need.

Agreed. I run the cleaner twice a day, and removing most if the apps was the first thing I did. Unlike the Samsung, the apps went quietly and didn't put up a fight. You mentioned one point that I forgot: the sound is impressive. One of the best sounding tablets I've ever heard at that price point.

Received an Nvidia Shield yesterday and after 2 flights with it today (with P3A and Inspire 1) I can't recommend it enough!

Since first getting my P3A I'd been using a Nexus 7 Gen 2. I've no other use for a tablet so it was purely used for flying, all unnecessary apps removed / disabled and kept super 'clean' etc.
I'd always found it okay (though never had another tablet to compare it to) but it did have a slight lag which seemed to have got gradually worse with DJI GO updates.

After recently acquiring an Inspire 1 I found it really difiicult to get a nice smooth yaw, the slight lag was much exasperated compared to flying the Phantom so decided it was time for a faster tablet.

Using the Nvidia Shield today I feel like I've never fully appreciated flying the Phantom all this time and done it a complete injustice, I wish I'd had one from the start! The video feed is 100% silky smooth with not the slightest bit of lag whatsoever!

Paid £130 posted on Ebay for the Nvidia Shield in immaculate condition with 16gb SD card and a game controller (not that it will ever get used) included which is little money for the power of the thing.

Best purchase I've made in a long time!

Received an Nvidia Shield yesterday and after 2 flights with it today (with P3A and Inspire 1) I can't recommend it enough!

Since first getting my P3A I'd been using a Nexus 7 Gen 2. I've no other use for a tablet so it was purely used for flying, all unnecessary apps removed / disabled and kept super 'clean' etc.
I'd always found it okay (though never had another tablet to compare it to) but it did have a slight lag which seemed to have got gradually worse with DJI GO updates.

After recently acquiring an Inspire 1 I found it really difiicult to get a nice smooth yaw, the slight lag was much exasperated compared to flying the Phantom so decided it was time for a faster tablet.

Using the Nvidia Shield today I feel like I've never fully appreciated flying the Phantom all this time and done it a complete injustice, I wish I'd had one from the start! The video feed is 100% silky smooth with not the slightest bit of lag whatsoever!

Paid £130 posted on Ebay for the Nvidia Shield in immaculate condition with 16gb SD card and a game controller (not that it will ever get used) included which is little money for the power of the thing.

Best purchase I've made in a long time!
Makes me want one, too. Oh wait, I DO have one. Couldn't agree more.

Further to an interference problem between my P3A and Galaxy S2 Tablet previously covered in an earlier thread of mine I have now completely given up trying to fix the problem as after reinstalling all hardware and software on the P3, RC and tablet the problem persists.
I now realise that the problem lies with the Tablet itself and no amounts of uninstalling and reinstalling DJI and litchi software will clear the issue.
If I use my Samsung S8 phone its perfect albeit a bit of a squint on the smaller screen.
I use the tablet primarily for business so can do without a hard reset in an attempt to make it behave.
I conclude I need a separate tablet for sole use with the P3 but must also be compatible should I upgrade to a P4 in the near future.
I have seen many people using NVIDIA tablets although a lot of these are quite expensive even on the second hand market. Also they are touted for gaming use which is a function I will not need so I need to know what would be the best second-hand model for use with the P3/P4 which I could pick up at a reasonable price on eBay.
Your suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Currently using a second hand iPad mini 16GB solely for the purpose of flying. Works fine with DJI Go and Drone Deploy - I haven't tried Lichi yet.

Quick update: For what it's worth, I've been using my Mediapad M3 (not Lite) for a couple of weeks now with the GO4 app and it performs very well all around. I can't report any significant video signal issues or video disconnects until I'm out, well, something beyond advertised range for the P4. Even then, it's not the app-crashing kind of event that I've experienced with different devices in the past. At some point, the video signal reconnects and I'm good to go again. The screen detail is fairly easy to see even in full sunlight without a shade, although I plan to add one shortly. And it fits perfectly in the cut-out in my hardshell case. Still blown-away that a fully charged battery on this thing lasts me for several days of regular use. For the money, a very worthwhile investment for me, and I would recommend it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor