ND16 Filter

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive got the Polar Pro three piece filter set for my PP3 which includes the ND4 and ND8 filters. Unfortunately I have now discovered that when filming during a sunny day the ND8 doesn't quite cut it. I consider the Polar Pro range the best filters on the market but I cant find anywhere that sells them individually. What other brand on the market is on par with the polar pro, what are the quality of the ND filters on the DJI website

Buy Phantom 3 - ND16 Filter (Pro/Adv) | DJI Store

Thanks

aiden

The quality is identical to the stock UV filter. If you like the build of the UV filter, then you will be pleased with the other DJI filters.

Are there any camera settings that could compensate a little to make up the difference for what's needed between ND8 and ND16?? Or some last little bit of edge that could be taken out in editing?

No. You'll need a darker ND filter to properly block out the light.

Reactions: Cornishblue
No. You'll need a darker ND filter to properly block out the light.
I bet you've seen me in other threads talking about how I'm still clueless with filters, camera settings and editing. I have a lot of experimentation time I need to put in, lol!

Im currently shooting at 25fps so Im using a shutter speed of 1/50. When using the ND8 and the lowest ISO possible my footage is still slightly overexposed so the ND16 is a must in the sunlight.

Im currently shooting at 25fps so Im using a shutter speed of 1/50. When using the ND8 and the lowest ISO possible my footage is still slightly overexposed so the ND16 is a must in the sunlight.
You need higher ND to block more lights.

Hi all

Ive got the Polar Pro three piece filter set for my PP3 which includes the ND4 and ND8 filters. Unfortunately I have now discovered that when filming during a sunny day the ND8 doesn't quite cut it. I consider the Polar Pro range the best filters on the market but I cant find anywhere that sells them individually. What other brand on the market is on par with the polar pro, what are the quality of the ND filters on the DJI website

Thanks

aiden
Polar Pro will sale you the individual ND filters like the ND16 for 29.95. Just email them and ask them. I know because i too bought the three piece set of Polar Pro filters that only went up to ND8. So I emailed them and they sent me an invoice for the ND16 and ND32 that I wanted. Payed them and received the filters in a few days.

Hi all

Thanks

aiden

Aiden,

You can purchase the ND16 direct from Polar Pro. It is not on their website as a separate item. Just use the "contact us" link and send Dan a note that you want to purchase the ND16 separately. He gets back to you pretty quick with info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl