Naza Lite in a DJI Phantom?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Naza Lite in a Phantom? I got a trashed out Phantom that I rebuilt and since this is a spare, I decided to install the Naza Lite due to it's lower cost. I haven't flown it yet since I burned up an ESC and I'm waiting on a replacement, but it seems to work with the Phantom PMU and stock GPS. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is the motors will shut off if the throttle speed drops to below 10%. From what I've read this is normal, but I can see where this could lead! If anyone has any experience with the Naza lite, please let me know if the throttle thing can be managed. The software is a bit different from the V1 or V2 software. It seems a bit more limited. V2 software allows you to preset a throttle idle speed. The Naza Lite doesn't have that option.

You'll find the idle speed adjustment on the Motor Mixer screen in the Lite Assistant.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 858
Sac D said:
You'll find the idle speed adjustment on the Motor Mixer screen in the Lite Assistant.

Awesome! I totally missed it. I checked and it's already set up for recommended, I must have done it without thinking about it. The motors still quit when the throttle is at 10 percent. I'm going to play with this setting later. Thanks!

So, will27, have you used the Naza Lite in Phantom? I think I just burnt my Phantom, and can't afford the Naza M, so thinking about going with the Lite.

I use the NAZA-Lite in my Jumper 600. Not a fan of the software AT ALL. Adjusting the initial start-up motor idle speed has no effect whatsoever on my motor speed at startup. Luckily I use a Futaba T8J, so I have options to explore. My Jumper lives up to its name on startup. Practically takes off as soon as the motors start turning and no amount of re-setting of the above menu has made ANY difference. The problem SEEMS to be the self-centering throttle position. The Jumper/NAZA interprets this as up, up and away and I haven't found a way to suppress this behavior. :cry:

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl