Naza controller from P2 Vision to a P2 Non-Vision

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had an issue with my Phantom 2 Non-vision which caused a crash and significant damage to the main control board and Naza MC. I purchased a new main control board (new) and a used Naza V2 from eBay. After receiving the Naza and installing with the new control board, the Phantom turns on normally and seems to be functioning correctly. My issue is that the Naza was from a Phantom 2 Vision. When I connect the Phantom to my PC and the Phantom Assistant, it is configured for the vision and is expecting a 5.8 MHz receiver/controller. Is there a way to reconfigure the Naza MC to work as a Phantom 2 Non-Vision?

Any help or direction is much appreciated.

I'd think the Naza would be agnostic as to what receiver it uses. Which receiver are you actually using?

It's the 2.4 GHz receiver that came with the P2 Non-Vision. The link between the controller and the receiver was lost after the crash so I've been trying to re-establish the link with no luck. I was thinking that the problem might be that the Naza unit was from a P2 Vision and it's expecting a 5.8 GHz receiver. When I open the Phantom Assistant and connect the P2 I get an error message related to the receiver. Maybe the receiver needs to be replaced also???

What is the error message you get, exactly? You did make sure that the Naza is in Dbus mode and not PPM?

The error code is as follows:

"CFG-ERR: Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

Also, in the RC Tab of Phantom Assistant is a message that says "Please use the DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION 5.8G remote controller to configure in this page. IMportant: Please relink the remot e controller and receiver if either is changed, then power cylcle your PHANTOM 2 VISION and recalibrate sticks."

I don't have any options to change the RC to Dbus or PPM. I have Phantom Assistant ver 3.2.

I had those same errors myself with a Phantom 1. I upgraded all the firmwares, did all the calibrations and power cycling, and eventually the errors went away.

I have uploaded the firmware on both the controller and the MC to the latest versions. I can't do any of the calibrations without the controller being linked to the Phantom though.

Is the controller linked to the receiver? Did you follow the linking procedure? (push the button the receiver, then turn on the transmitter, see the lights change)

No, the controller and the receiver won't link, that's the issue. When I turn the P2 on, the light on the receiver is solid red. When I press the button the light starts blinking red. I then turn on the controller and then release the button and the light on the receiver just goes back to solid red again. It's possible that the receiver or controller needs to be replaced. Before I go down that road, I would like to know if I can reprogram the Naza which is currently configured for a P2 Vision+ to work function as a P2 Non-Vision along with the Zenmuse H3-3d gimbal and GoPro.

UPDATE: I replaced the receiver module and was able to link the controller to the receiver. Once I did this and reconnected the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, the Phantom Assistant software now recognized the unit as a "Phantom 2" instead of a "Phantom 2 Vision+". So my original question about whether or not the Naza MC from a P2 Vision could be used in a P2 Non-Vision is yes they are interchangeable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl