Names?

The dropping mechanism is clever. What is not clever is dropping things from drones. Does anyone have a reference as to whether this activity is explicitly banned by FAA regulation. I think that even in cases where special authorization is given (let’s say UPS package delivery) the payload cannot be dropped.

Good afternoon , one of the above messages had a link I assume is your U-Tube. I like "skybird rx", the only change will be in capitalization "Skybird RX". Review the FAA restrictions on dropping objects, you must be sure the drop is safe!

Devise a new drop mechanism. Develop a NEW drop device with a NEW purpose. Identify a better targeting system/method. I support your utilization of this hobby but you MUST really be sure that when a law enforcement officer asks "what are you doing?" you have a plan. Look up Method of Experiment (MOE) and scientific method to help plan your experiments. You can ask the "5 Whys" starting with "why am I doing this?", why, why, why, why? Each "Why" drills down the test and it's purpose. The MOE starts with "What if I did this....?", Then you guess the answer without experimentation, then you plan the experiment, then maybe set a baseline (altitude, payload weight, weather, etc...) for the experiment. Devise only one variable, Altitude change, payload weight, payload design. Perform the experiment, record the results, identify what works and what doesn't. Document your results, this for you, share with peers if you want.

Mmmm, you got an assignment that will take about six months to do. Never stopping asking "Why"!

Be SAFE!

How about "Mason's Drone Droppings?" The logo would be stellar! HA!

Extra points if you had multiple catchers below! You could have some kind of contest similar to something "Dude Perfect" would do. Double HA!

The dropping mechanism is clever. What is not clever is dropping things from drones. Does anyone have a reference as to whether this activity is explicitly banned by FAA regulation. I think that even in cases where special authorization is given (let’s say UPS package delivery) the payload cannot be dropped.
This was addressed in post #32 - Names?

Ok i am new one here to. And this is probably a dumb question but what do you mean by troll?

In this case, the name is often referred to a person who willfully stirs up a group of people to create chaos or sow discord amongst everyone just for the lulz (his own personal amusement). That’s pretty much the agreed upon definition. However, people can throw the word “troll” around loosely and apply it to people who they disagree with or simply attach it to someone who states something that is controversial.

O
In this case, the name is often referred to a person who willfully stirs up a group of people to create chaos or sow discord amongst everyone just for the lulz (his own personal amusement). That’s pretty much the agreed upon definition. However, people can throw the word “troll” around loosely and apply it to people who they disagree with or simply attach it to someone who states something that is controversial.
Ok thank you

Reactions: ravedog
Well, be safe out there Mason. Take note, the local police may not like you dropping things from a drone should one of those neighbors call 911. Be careful with that thing.
View attachment 94107

I was thinking the same thing. To each his own, and I know it is somewhat of an interesting topic,
but remember your are now a part of a large community of drone pilots and EVERYTHING you do with it especially online and videos, are going to reflect on all of us trying desperately to show that drone pilots are not a threat or danger to others. The more you push the envelope the more attention you get the more rules will be created. So if you plan on keeping the hobby alive be safe and make sure to be respectful to your surroundings. Something like this can make us all pay the price if done wrong. I would strongly suggest doing these "dropping" vids in an open field as to showcase the drop vs. being criticized and taken as a danger or threat. Just my 2 cents.

Ok i am new one here to. And this is probably a dumb question but what do you mean by troll?

They take many forms. You'll notice 2 things:

1) They answer questions that are not asked.
2) And in the same thread, don't answer questions that ARE asked.

Rather than actually contribute to a thread, I think they just like typing or hearing themselves talk. Trolls have been around since the BBS's were in vogue. They can be quite maddening.

D

You made your point in three threads now. On forums you will get unwanted input. Get over it and Quit whining about it.

Speaking of "unwanted input..."

Please see the irony that I answered Robert P's question, and you answered nobody's question. But typing is fun, eh?

Thanx for illustrating my point and ravdog's definition.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravedog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72