My PV2 fell from the sky today

Reaction score
So scary…
I have 2 batteries , never had a problem with any of them. I flew with one,100% full, and after flying for a minute or two I got the "invalid battery" message for the first time ever, then it came back home safely. I switched to the other battery, no problems and 99% full, started flying. Took 2 photos.. by the time it finished recording the second photo, it simply shut down and fell, propellers first, thankfully on the grass and did not hurt anyone or damage anything.
The drone looks fine and starts normally, I just didn't try flying again.
I have no idea what happened. The app froze when it lost connection, it was not too high (maybe 40 feet high) and just hovering still because I was composing a photo of people on the ground. Also no wind at all.
I am really concerned about flying it again - I wrote DJI but it's Christmas day and I don't think they had a chance to get my message yet.
I would love to hear your opinions .

First thing everyone's going to want know:

1) What version firmware are you on?
2) Were you hands-off the sticks when it dropped?
3) Are you certain the battery was seated fully & locked?
4) Were you applying power (throttling) when it shutdown?
5) What was the temperature outside?

Firmware prior to v1.05 may put the PV into Auto-Landing when an invalid battery warning appears - but it won't "drop" out of the sky. 'Tho not likely, if your battery wasn't locked it may have vibrated loose & disconnected during flight. Throttling has triggered "low battery" warnings followed by initiating Auto-Landing's with weak/defective batteries particularly in colder temps.

Notify your dealer as well so you've officially complied & notified all parties concerned.

iDrone

+1 on iDrone's list of questions.

I had the identical thing happen to my first PV2 and the dealer, with DJI's authorization that I had to get on my own, did replace it due to the "battery bug" as DJI called it. Mine was totaled after the crash.

Here's my thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4269&p=30086#p30086

Who did you buy it through?

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your crash. I'm still lacking a lot of confidence in my second PV2 but based upon my hundreds of incident free flights with my P1, I'm keeping some faith in the product.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl