My poor old cat :(

Reaction score
My last cat today suffered I think a small stroke and can barely get around. Now at the vets but I don't think the outcome will be good. Lost my other cat 6 weeks ago to Saddle thrombus and he missed her greatly. Both cats a good age at almost 17 but its still a painful loss for important members of the family. :(

bill

fly-catchers said:
My last cat today suffered I think a small stroke and can barely get around. Now at the vets but I don't think the outcome will be good. Lost my other cat 6 weeks ago to Saddle thrombus and he missed her greatly. Both cats a good age at almost 17 but its still a painful loss for important members of the family. :(

bill

I feel for you. We had two Siamese females, mother and daughter. The daughter lived to 17 and died of kidney failure. She was great and I still miss her. The mother lasted less than a year and had a stroke. She lived to over 18 years. I miss her even more. You can replace them, but you never forget them... I hope it turns out positive in your case... It may be something less severe than what you fear.

-slinger

I hear you Brother,
My cat ( best animal friend EVER ) , is
Coming to the end, of his life, I'm dredding
The day, but wish the best for you and your family
On this horrible loss......

Just remember the GOOD TIMES! He/she
Will always be with you!

Take care.
J Dot

Thank you for your positive words from obviously cat lovers :)
Searching google I have found that it could be vestibular disease. He is staying overnight at the vets and won't hear any more till tomorrow. The house seems strange and empty to be without any cats (the first time in almost 30 years!) Both my earlier cats suffered from Saddle thrombus which suddenly occured without warning late at night. And involved vet visits in the early hours with alas the same outcome. So I am sensitve to any odd or bad signs from my cats now...

Very sad to hear of your two siamese -slinger. We had a blue point many years ago who we got when on holiday in Cornwall!

J Dot. So sorry to hear and hope you have as much time as you can with your lovely cat. The time you have is never long enough...

kitari. Thanks for your kind offer. Is your avatar one of your cats?

bill

fly-catchers said:
Thank you for your positive words from obviously cat lovers :)
Searching google I have found that it could be vestibular disease. He is staying overnight at the vets and won't hear any more till tomorrow. The house seems strange and empty to be without any cats (the first time in almost 30 years!) Both my earlier cats suffered from Saddle thrombus which suddenly occured without warning late at night. And involved vet visits in the early hours with alas the same outcome. So I am sensitve to any odd or bad signs from my cats now...

Very sad to hear of your two siamese -slinger. We had a blue point many years ago who we got when on holiday in Cornwall!

J Dot. So sorry to hear and hope you have as much time as you can with your lovely cat. The time you have is never long enough...

kitari. Thanks for your kind offer. Is your avatar one of your cats?

bill

not my kitty, just though it was funny. I'm probably going to change it to one that is later today. I have the purrrfect picture for it too. Just have to wait till I'm back home to upload it.

Hang in there Bill, I know it is hard. :(

Finally lost his life today. :( Kidney problems proved too much on top of the ear infection. Both he and his sister (died Jan) used to wait at the window when I went out flying. Were still there on my return...

bill

My cats are my children. People who think all cats are snobbish or aloof don't know cats at all.
I have and have had dogs all my life, cats for about 25 years now and cats can be just as affectionate and playful as any dog.

Sorry for your loss Bill.
I know exactly what you're going through.

Finally lost his life today. :( Kidney problems proved too much on top of the ear infection. Both he and his sister (died Jan) used to wait at the window when I went out flying. Were still there on my return...

bill
Fly,
I'm sincerely sorry to hear you lost your friend. I know first hand how you feel. I've been a bachelor all my life so my pets have always been like my kids. I had to put down the best friend I ever had in life a couple of years ago. The vet bought me a few more months with drugs but the time came that they told me that Sofie (a Yorkipoo) would not have any kind of quality of life and it wouldn't be fair to her to let her linger on. Crying like a baby I held her to the end. Cat's , Dog's... it really doesn't matter. Once they become a part of your life they ARE family! I've since got two rescue dogs (Huey & Carly) who are now the love of my life and the reason I get out of bed everyday.

It's said that time heals all wounds but I've not found that to be true, at least for me. For me, time doesn't "heal" the wound but it DOES make it easier to live with the grief. For what it's worth, it's obvious how much you loved and cared for your cat so you should take some comfort in knowing you gave your cat a good home, love and a good life. It just tears my heart out to hear stories like this. Hang in there and know that somewhere out there is another cat who desperately needs an owner like you.
BOT

So sorry to hear of this!

Although I do like cats, I'm too allergic to them. So I have dogs. All three are rescue animals from places that kill animals within three days of intake.

Over the years, we've lost our share of pets. Most due to old age, two due to the stupidity of a now fired bug exterminator.

To me, the species doesn't matter. It's the place they've taken up in your heart. My avatar is me with my Chocolate Lab, Cooper. He is middle aged at four years old. I hope he stays with us for a long time. I dread that eventual day.

Thanks for your kind and understanding words. That means a LOT to me. As you say cats & dogs are precious and can often teach us humans a lot about love and loyalty. Just finished burying Monty in the garden near his sister and mum...

bill

Feel for you. It's never easy. They too, have spirits. You will see them again.

Sorry, and condolences. It's very hard. My girl is 18 this month, hard to think about it. She's moving slower because of arthritis in left front leg. Always here for me, though. Prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

bill

Sorry to hear that, post some photos of your kitty from the fun days. Our Sadie lived till she was 22 and died of renal failure after a long healthy life traveling the country with us. Remember the good times! I created a little web page on our web page for our cat. http://www.jimandsusan.com/sadie.html I could help you do something similar if interested.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Thanks again for your kind comments. Feeling depressed today as weather to windy/wet for flying and house feeling very empty. Still expect to see/hear him wanting his supper!

Lovely looking cat jimandsue. :)

Here is monty from some years ago and when he was slimmer!

watering can.jpg

bill

Thanks for the nice picture of a nice kitty.
RT and I pass on a nice R.I.P. to Monty.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sending u good thoughts and Monty an RIP. I feel for u.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl