MY PHANTOM IS BEING SHIPPED!!!!

Reaction score
so my phantom is being shipped it will get here in a couple of days and i wanted a heads up on a step by step or instructions on what to do first like best to fly first without anything then update firmware all that sort of stuff...

Also since i will be taking my phantom to my home country shall i just put the battery quick check on motors turn off and do as u say?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

cheers

Welcome Eltrochaphantom!

My Phantom 2 just arrived today, and I've flown it a grand total of three times. As mendezl mentioned: read, read, read! Then read some more. Watch as many YouTube videos as you can. I found this YouTube series to be INCREDIBLY helpful: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... pCEpA-8gDr

Here's some tips I have figured out really fast:
- If you think the indicator light is blinking slow, it's blinking slow. You'll know when it's blinking fast.
- Return to Home is AWESOME, but not super accurate. Use it to get back to your general area, then take back over to safely land.
- Switch the controller mode to Failsafe with the computer program. It makes it easier to flip between GPS and Failsafe mode.
- On that note, don't forget to update your firmware!

Have a blast, remember to always fly safe, and never stop learning!

charleszink said:
Welcome Eltrochaphantom!

My Phantom 2 just arrived today, and I've flown it a grand total of three times. As mendezl mentioned: read, read, read! Then read some more. Watch as many YouTube videos as you can. I found this YouTube series to be INCREDIBLY helpful: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... pCEpA-8gDr

Here's some tips I have figured out really fast:
- If you think the indicator light is blinking slow, it's blinking slow. You'll know when it's blinking fast.
- Return to Home is AWESOME, but not super accurate. Use it to get back to your general area, then take back over to safely land.
- Switch the controller mode to Failsafe with the computer program. It makes it easier to flip between GPS and Failsafe mode.
- On that note, don't forget to update your firmware!

Have a blast, remember to always fly safe, and never stop learning!

Thanks for the info btw the link doesn't work so it would be great if you could post another one

Cheers

Yes now it worked. I had already seen them. Trust me i have seen A LOT

Which Phantom did you buy?

Where are you?

Will you post video of your first flight so we can be:
impressed, :shock:
amused, :lol:
sad with you? :cry:

Welcome to the party, enjoy. :D

[emoji23][emoji23] I BOUGHT THE PHANTOM 2 V2.0 (I'm afraid due to the ESC failures) with

the h33d gimbal, a plug n play cable, FS 250MW TX, BP 7CH, IOSDMINI. And few other stuff I can't remember.

I'm in South America in a little country called Uruguay (tell me if u know it or ever been here)

I will show my first video. When I have read manuals enough

Remember the "Off" switch on the controller is your bestest friend forever, the only thing it misses is a sign saying these words.

If there were a ten commandments for our flying things it would be the third.

Very cool Eltrochaphantom.

Uruguay is a beautiful country. I wish I were there this time of year.

Looking forward to seeing the video.

Tie a string to your bird if you're afraid of it flying off. Prop guards are worth their weight it gold, in my opinion.

Eltrochaphantom said:
[emoji23][emoji23] I BOUGHT THE PHANTOM 2 V2.0 (I'm afraid due to the ESC failures) with

the h33d gimbal, a plug n play cable, FS 250MW TX, BP 7CH, IOSDMINI. And few other stuff I can't remember.

I'm in South America in a little country called Uruguay (tell me if u know it or ever been here)

Welcome! I've been to Bonaire, but not your country, but I've definately heard of It! Enjoy it when it Arrives!

PhantomFanatic said:
Eltrochaphantom said:

Welcome! I've been to Bonaire, but not your country, but I've definately heard of It! Enjoy it when it Arrives!

You mean Buenos Aires, that is next to us.

IflyinWY said:
Very cool Eltrochaphantom.

Uruguay is a beautiful country. I wish I were there this time of year.

Looking forward to seeing the video.

Tie a string to your bird if you're afraid of it flying off. Prop guards are worth their weight it gold, in my opinion.

Yeah here we are in summer so it is really hot we hit 34 C every single day.

Summers to hot winters to cold

New guy here as well. My Phantom 2 V2.0 with H-3D gimbal just arrived yesterday. I picked mine up off of Amazon and it came with a second battery for free for $939.00, I see the seller has since raised the price to $999.00. So I think I got a great deal. I went with the 2 V2.0 because I already own several GoPro 3+ cameras and am comfortable in how their video performs.

I'm excited to get this thing in the air but am crossing all t's and dotting all i's first. I have been flying a Hubsan x4 H107L for a few months now and have become pretty good at racing through the confines of a house and also flying outside, so I'm sure flying the DJI will be a short learning curve (at least in terms of basic flight).

I've updated all the firmware and calibrated the sticks. Just reading and reading and watching youtube stuff. In a day or two I plan on making my maiden voyage with out the gimbal attached. I think I will wait until I have several flights under my belt before I strap the gimbal and gopro on the belly of the thing.

Exciting stuff! :cool:

Eltrochaphantom said:

Oh... I've heard of your Country - have never been there... have heard it's beautiful. It does come up a LOT of trivia crack as a question :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl