My P4 RC booster build

A new record for me today, with the 7 DB omnis.
1.8 miles, I was getting nervous[emoji51]
b04ff1d3cd2bdce09e0550de68bbcc2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's awesome!! I would be nervous as well! I get the nerves when my P4 is up at 200ft! I can't imagine it being nearly two miles away!!

I tested the directional alpha antennas and only got about 700 feet farther than the Omni directional antennas, and you definitely had to point them in the right direction, very small tolerance. Oh and I found out the hard way the word alpha on the antenna faces the aircraft.
905dab8d0d5c5b69ee55aa415e8d120f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
...eLarry, I noticed you've tried a coupla diff sets of antenna.. those pictured here are the Alfa mod#APA-M04 if I'm not mistaken, i've also purchased those for testing purposes, i've found them to be OK, somewhat better tuned than others but still unsatisfactory.. they averaged approx -13.0dB RTN Loss and >1.6VSWR.. meaning on av approx 6% of the pwr is reflected.. I recently purchased a batch of antennas that I am in the process of hand tuning.. the tuning will make them 99.9-100% efficient i.e. ≥ -32dB in fact many spec out > -36dB i.e. ≥1.03:1 (VSWR), if you're interested I plan to sell them for 36$ per set including priority shipping and a spectrum analysis datasheet for each.. availability should be this coming week if you're interested you can use this forum or private chat via the following email address: SAS (at) GasRecovery (dot) net
...more nfo and some results on this subject can be found on my website (Equip, Phantom Tab) and obviously this offer is extended to anyone else interested. caveat: I'll only have 6-8set avail at this time...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Reactions: elarryland
Sunhans 3 Watt amps
DC to DC up-converter
Power Jack to run off RC battery

...I'll have 6-8sets avail this coming week, price 36$ per set (Tx & Rx) Priority Shipping & Spectrum Analysis DataSheets included,
specs will be as follows:
Return Loss: ≥ -32dB
VSWR: ≤ 1.05:1 (99.9% Eff)
Gain: approx 6-7dBi
Conn: RP-SMA
Type: Patch
Size: approx 69x80mm
Weight: approx 42g
...obviously this antenna will work throughout the 2400-2483Mhz band, however they are 'Most' resonate @Chl14, I'll
use USPS for shipping, once shipped I'll email details and ETA & PayPal for payment, please incl Ship To address, those
interested can use this forum or the following email address for contact: SAS (at) GasRecovery (dot) net , thanks...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
upload_2017-2-12_7-49-54-png.76040

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez