my next bird

Reaction score
Hi all

I currently using a PP3 and have my drone qualification for a PFAW certificate in May.

Although Ill be using the P3 for a little while yet ive been thinking ahead on what drone to get next and trying to piece together cost and equipment needed to get my new drone in the air. The PP3 is straight out the box so I have no experience with more advanced drones. Any advice on what Im missing in this list would be great

So far:

1 x Pre Built S900 Frame
6 x 4114 Pro Motors
6 x 40A ESC's Pre Built Into Each Arm
1 x Zenmuse Z15 GH4 Gimbal
1 x A2 Control Unit With GPS
1 x GH4 camera and lenses
2 x batteries
1 x controller

What else would i need here to get the bird flight worthy, I would also need FPV.

Thanks alot

Aiden

Hi all

I currently using a PP3 and have my drone qualification for a PFAW certificate in May.

Although Ill be using the P3 for a little while yet ive been thinking ahead on what drone to get next and trying to piece together cost and equipment needed to get my new drone in the air. The PP3 is straight out the box so I have no experience with more advanced drones. Any advice on what Im missing in this list would be great

So far:

1 x Pre Built S900 Frame
6 x 4114 Pro Motors
6 x 40A ESC's Pre Built Into Each Arm
1 x Zenmuse Z15 GH4 Gimbal
1 x A2 Control Unit With GPS
1 x GH4 camera and lenses
2 x batteries
1 x controller

What else would i need here to get the bird flight worthy, I would also need FPV.

Thanks alot

Aiden

Building a drone from scratch is not an easy task.. especially if you've never done something like it before.

To many variables to go wrong with assembly and I've seen many scratch builds crash on their maiden flights.

The money you think you are saving with building it yourself will all be for nothing if something goes wrong.

I'd look into the many companies that offer prebuilt drones with your specs.

Just food for thought....

Reactions: liketogethigh
Thanks for the reply

Ive looked on a few videos and the S900 looks reasonable straight forward to set up in my opinion. I would like to know though what is missing from the list and what FPV system would I need or alternatively would it be best to get an inspire pro for now until the business really picks up ?

As far as FPV it would depend on how far you plan to fly from you. If your planning on using it far enough away then you need to consider building a ground station that would give you distance that you need for flying it. Also your going to need more than two batteries as that the flight time is going to be shorter than your P3. I've built several large frame systems and Stile2112 is correct about how difficult they are when first setting up. I've done some damage to them when trying to get them tuned and stable. If your really stuck on building then I would suggest the TARANIS X9D PLUS and X8R Radio system. I use it and love it because you can pretty much program anything into it.

S900 is pretty easy and there's lots of online information. Take a look here for a more comprehensive thread: DJI S900 Owners Thread - Mini Build Log - RC Groups

You'll also need a controller, some sort of telemetry (mostly for battery data) and FPV. LB2 includes all three. I'm not a fan of the DJI controller but it might suit your needs.

Great everyone thanks for the help, one more thing does anyone have an estimate weight of a full loaded s900 with a GH4 on it, my licence wont let me fly a drone over 7kg full loaded?

thanks

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl