Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware My new Phantom Defective?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Eddiehu, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Eddiehu

Hi, I just got a new P3P and its not updating from 1.4.10 to v1.6.0040.

I followed all the steps with formatting SD card and adding the latest .bin from DJI site. RC is off along with the app. I updated the RC via OTA to latest version 1.5.70 before attempting to update aircraft.

Any time I attempt to update it the bird after inserting SD card with new bin file (P3X_FW_V01.06.0040-2.bin) then proceeding to turn it on, it displays sold green light instead of it flashing red and green.

I have formatted the SD card twice and used another card with the same results. My battery is more then 50% and all gimbal protection along with lens covers have been removed.

Do I have a defective Phantom?

Eddie

#1 Eddiehu, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. Eddiehu

Just attempted to update to 1.5.30 and it worked fine. Exact same steps, but not dice on v1.6.0040.

3. fordruid

DJI GO app the latest?

4. Eddiehu

Yes I'm on 2.43. This is my second P3P as my 1st one updated with no issues but I had gimbal issues so I had to get it exchanged a week later.

This unit I'm having issues updating, Did the link on DJI site change ?

5. fordruid

Same link. Can you post the text file from the sd card, someone (not me LOL) may be able to get something from it

6. Eddiehu

There is no text file, as its a solid green which means its not even attempting to update. I was reading other threads and people were having similar issues due to installing the update for the advanced for the professional and vice versa. I downloaded it for the P3P.

7. Eddiehu

Issue resolved, I had tried to install the second file I had downloaded which has a P3X_FW_V01.06.0040-2.bin vs it has to be P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin. The bird did not recognize the file due to the (2). Forgot that I still had the older file which was downloaded from my previous P3.