My chintzy plastic iPad holder. I was wrong...

Reaction score
In someone else's post, I said my cheap plastic iPad holder was great I and I had no problems with it and its connection to the existing plastic bracket.

Wrong.

A few hours later while outside, the darn thing snapped in two and my iPad mini dropped to the ground. (On grass thank God, so iPad ok!). I admit I need something really good, sturdy, probably metal, that will firmly hold my iPad mini and iPhone 5SE (the 5SE so it's not the larger size iPhones; its the size of the iPhone 4). Sturdy. No holes to be drilled. I've seen several 'mounts' on eBay things but they are only the bracket that attaches to the controller using the hole in the middle of the controller. Great, but they don't include the gizmo that my iPad goes into, and/or how what brands or types of iPad holder would fit onto the mounting bracket! Also need something that comes with a sunshade. Now I see how complicated this gets.

So that said, is there something (complete kit - bracket, mount, shade, all of it) out there that you all recommend? Complete package with all parts, and effective at holding my iPad/iphone in place without wobbling. No drilling (which is a modification that could/would void the factory warranty).

Seen several links on this forum, but the point to one component only, such as the bracket that mounts to the controller, no other parts. There must be an excellent quality kit out there, with all those things needed for and iPhone and iPad. I don't care how much it costs. At all. Help! Thanks...

I just bought an ipad mini 2 and the plastic arm was brutal. Here's how I fixed it:

Bought this ipad holder (they also make a version for larger ipad)(bonus is that it comes with a shade): 7 Inch iPad mini Sun Hood Shade w/ Mount for DJI Phantom All Version Inspire 1 | eBay

Then replaced the plastic arm with this metal one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISC7MTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far, no movement or wobble at all! IMG_20170106_154308.jpg IMG_20170106_154325.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl