Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Moving "Guts" to different frame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Denverwetbiker, May 14, 2013.

1. Denverwetbiker

I'm sure somebody has already done this but I can't find it. How hard would it be to move the guts to a different quad frame? There are a lot of them out there and some that fold up (to make transporting easier). If you have and have pictures please let me know.
    Thanks
    Scott

2. discv

I think you need to research whether the Naza M as fitted to the phantom is the same as a stock Naza M.
    Also the GPS hardware within the phantom does not have a housing.

3. auck

someone was working on transplanting the "guts" of the phantom to a f450 if i remember correctly. don't know how that went, but apparently it requires a bit of tinkering to do. good luck if you do decide to do so.

4. Gizmo3000

I"ve heard it's been done by a number of people.
    same NAZA and same motors as the F3330,450 and 550.
    the GPS would still work I believe, but it's not as protected as the ones for other DJI quads.

One thing for sure,. any other frame would be easier to work on!

5. fasteddie

I am sure this is very doable and mostt likely need to lengthen the wires. The components need to be secured and could possibly use velcro. If I ever damage my frame to the point it needs replacing I will do a 450.

6. vietvet66110cav

yes,on different frame,redone a Walkera MX-400 with the phantom system,pulled all the mx-400 electronics and put in phantom electronics,changed to lighter carbon skids and some modification for the compass,mx-400 is 19inches prop nut to prop nut,same motors 18amp controller,dji phantom is 14 inches prop nut to prop nut 18amp 920kv motors,flys almost the same the walkera mx-400 has 3 paddle props and more power and is a quad like the phantom,as far as know the mx-400 is discontinued and replaced by a smaller version that uses reg props,but I have seen some sites still sell them without the tx for a smaller price,mx-400 is more of the 450 class and measures 29inches from prop edge to prop edge across,dji has the new 3.10 upgrade which will make this mx-400 much more stable.As far as payload I have not made any tests yet with cams or FPV systems yet, to busy having fun with it just the way it is.Hope this helps out in choice,you can purchase a frame that's withen the specs and transfer all the electronic from the phanthom.