Motors won't start up

Reaction score
Hi,
The Motors on my DJI 3 standard won't start when I pull the levers down (as per user guide) on the controller. It will auto start and auto land but no manual operation. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought it today from a guy who gave me a test flight before buying, all was good until I got home and tried to fly it. Calibrated controller/ drone etc... all lights are green but the manual flight mode is not working.

Last edited:
Hi,
The Motors on my DJI 3 standard won't start when I pull the levers down (as per user guide) on the controller. It will auto start and auto land but no manual operation. Any ideas?

The left stick is pushed to "25 past" position at the same time that the right stick is pushed to the "25 to" position.

I've just watched a YouTube video where a guy says if you leave the drone on while updating firmware to the controller all **** breaks loose. He says the fix is delete Dji go app from phone and reinstall as new and job done.... I'll give that a go....

Problem Fixed, firmware update failure between controller & craft. Reinstallation and all good. [emoji818]️[emoji818]️

My motors wouldn't start even though everything else seemed to be working. This is how I fixed my Phantom 3 Standard by turning on the remote and the aircraft. Connect to the aircraft's wifi and launch the DJI Go app. Go to Remote Controller Settings. Go to the bottom of the screen and choose the "Linking RC" option (it's in blue). A window pops up and says "searching for aircraft-Press the linking button on your aircraft to link this RC" The RC will beep. Turn the aircraft over and push the red button located near the landing gear and hold it down for a couple of seconds. A window pops up to say "Finished Linking" and click "OK". This is one of two methods for linking the aircraft. This one worked for me. If not you can Google DJI Phantom 3 Standard how to link the aircraft. I think it's on DJI's website but I don't know where. Hope this helps.

I have a similar problem with my P3. All seems good to go and DJI Go app says Ready for flight but motors will not start. I have relinked, I have GPS signal, I have reinstalled app. The only thing I am wondering is my closeness to Dallas DFW airport. It never stopped me before. Right now, the motors will simply not start. Ideas?

Which message is displayed at the top of DJI GO in the camera view?
The message on the top says Ready for Flight but when I pull the levers down and in I get a message recalibrating MU over and over. I am getting g a message saying I’m in restricted airspace (close to DFW airport). I’m trying to figure out if the new firmware would stop the motors if in restricted airspace or I have another problem.

I’m trying to figure out if the new firmware would stop the motors if in restricted airspace or I have another problem.
It would. To confirm, attempt to start the motors after moving your Phantom away from that restricted flight zone.

It would. To confirm, attempt to start the motors after moving your Phantom away from that restricted flight zone.
OK, here is the update. I contacted DJI Support via chat. He confirmed all we have already talked about. Once he confirmed the strobes were green and the motors would not start, he told me to log on using another device. I had an iPad so I downloaded the app and logged on and into the P3. He then had me try to start with no props. It still did not. Then he had me recalibrate IMU. Once IMU was calibrated, it now worked. He said that the iPhone 8 is not a recommend device. For whatever reason, the iPad is more stable. The iPad also gave me the prompt to calibrate the IMU where the iPhone 8 did not. We closed the ticket. I hope this helps others who have similar problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan