Motor overload (no gimbal)

Reaction score
I own a P3P and after downloading a new DJI app went for a flight and a minute into it a message on the screen "motor overload, aircraft will descend" any ideas??

Try restarting everything and see if you can reproduce that issue. Also, if you're running old firmware, it would be worthwhile to upgrade to the latest version. DJI often fixes bugs and does not document them.

I don't think it's anything, I have gotten that message "motors overloaded" prolly 5 times in the last 15 flights. I'm pretty sure it just means what it says.. I usually get the message when I'm fighting a lot of wind like going head on into wind and full throttle, or zipping around full throttle at long periods of time. I think it's just the quad recognizing that the motors are getting warm from lots of current draw and when the message displays it's letting you know this, and because of it, it limits how much power you can give to the motors so that they can cool back down and then continue working just fine.. It's just a safty feature so ppl don't burn up their motors.

Btw I have not updated fw myself. The drone is almost a year own and I have never done an update. Never felt a need to cuz everything works just dandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164