More channels hack

..all 40pages read, tried to find few answers, found some but ..

1. DJI GO: selecting custom channel and using 10Mbps downlink for FPV, does the bitrate drop down to minimum 3Mbps when signal is too poor to stream selected higher quality or does it just die? (using lowest, because not sure)

2. Channel hack with amps, eg. @FPVLR advanced kit which comes with 2x (2.4-2.5GHz) sunhans wifi boosters for both, control and lightbridge. Selecting higher channel for LB (23-32), which are out of sunhans range (2.5-2.6GHz) videoside amp actually doesn't do anything else than draws 12V from the battery.. ?

* ch23 (2.510GHz) -> ch32 (2.6GHz)

I have FPVLR advanced kit and problem with video, it drops too "soon". Been using ch26 before amps and didn't change channel. Ordered airside booster but after reading this thread, i'm pretty sure if you have wifi amp for LB side, there is no point to use this hack at all. With airside booster my problem should be solved, because there is no need for LB amp on remote side anymore (according to tony, fpvlr website) can't test my theory now, 25ms winds..

If my P3 Pro is up to date with firmware 1.6 and Go App 2.5.1, will the hack work so I can get the 32 channels or am I just SOL?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If my P3 Pro is up to date with firmware 1.6 and Go App 2.5.1, will the hack work so I can get the 32 channels or am I just SOL?

It should work. Just go slowly and follow the directions in post #1 carefully. Especially to extract, show hidden files if needed to see the file with the leading ".", and placing that file in the exact location noted.

It my opinion....yes!
In a city, gives you more chances to found a channel free of interferences.

I still use it in Auto.
I thought if used in AUTO that only the original channels will be scanned? Can you confirm one way or the other?

I thought if used in AUTO that only the original channels will be scanned? Can you confirm one way or the other?
Yes, auto only uses the original channels. The extended channels are selectable only when in custom.

Im confuse now....

With the hack and Auto, it will be use the 30 channels, right?

Yes, auto only uses the original channels.
Im confuse now....

With the hack and Auto, it will be use the 30 channels, right?
With hack on auto: original channels only are selected.
With hack on custom: you can manually select any of the original plus extended channels.

I have newest firmware and Go App and hack does not work. Anyone else that has 1.6 and 2.5.1 that was successful in completed the hack, please fill me in.

I have newest firmware and Go App and hack does not work. Anyone else that has 1.6 and 2.5.1 that was successful in completed the hack, please fill me in.

Yes, many people have noted it works with those versions.

Just follow the directions carefully and it will work for you too. Since you sent your post from an iPad, follow these directions if you are also using an iOS device with your Phantom:
More channels hack | Page 37 | DJI Phantom Forum

With hack on auto: original channels only are selected.
With hack on custom: you can manually select any of the original plus extended channels.

Damm.....i would like to have the hack and auto working.....so i was allways....on normal channels!!

Damm.....i would like to have the hack and auto working.....so i was allways....on normal channels!!
I agree. I rarely use the extended channels. I normally just keep it on auto and have no trouble with the standard channels in my area. I do like having the extended channels just in case however.

Last edited:
Well if you live in certain areas where the P3 is prone to interference you will understand why you need the extra channels
(Channel 26 to 30 is the best)

Thanks guys, I will try it again. I guess I go into iTunes and delete configuration and start again?

I have already Litchi....but i prefer DJI app.....Litchi sometimes crashes.....during flights!

I just found this thread and I am using FW 1.6.4 with DJI Go app 2.5.1. with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I just downloaded the file, put it in the right place and it works fine. Fired it up with my drone, RC, and tablet and it shows all 32 channels. It also works in auto, but I just have to slide with my finger the row of channel numbers to show more than 20 channels. Then below in the channel box, I choose the channel I want and DONE! Yay! This thread started back in 2013 and is still a big winner now. Thanks to the originator.

I just found this thread and I am using FW 1.6.4 with DJI Go app 2.5.1. with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I just downloaded the file, put it in the right place and it works fine. Fired it up with my drone, RC, and tablet and it shows all 32 channels. It also works in auto, but I just have to slide with my finger the row of channel numbers to show more than 20 channels. Then below in the channel box, I choose the channel I want and DONE! Yay! This thread started back in 2013 and is still a big winner now. Thanks to the originator.
This thread started August 5, 2015 but yeah it was a while back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164