More channels hack

ISM, etc., is an international standard though some channels or portions maybe restricted or have different power specs.

Right, and remember that other service in respect to ism regulation can be present in this spectrum. Other RC model tx/rx, cordless phones, Modern zigbee modules, Bluetooth modules and many other .. are all in this range.

Correct but those are wifi standard channels. DJI channels will not match the same.

Same spectrum but two different protocols.
OK I thought so.

So DJI app just views Wifi compared to DJI "channels" as a reference. Which explains why some standard 802.11 WiFi appears to fall in between channels. As example normal WiFi channel 11 drops in between 18 and 19 !

Gotcha

Interesting little hack. I tried it on my main Android tablet running Pilot 1.0.10 and (and had to create the files directory to put the .DJI.configs file in. Didn't work. Tried it on a phone I have running Pilot 1.2.0 - the files directory was there so I just dropped it in and it worked fine. Anyone figure out how to get it running with the old 1.0.10 app? I tried also putting it one directory higher in \Android\data\dji.pilot but that didn't work either.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439091613.916624.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439091627.845986.jpg

Hi,
I applied the channel hack but did not get any further distance in fact on a known route I'd say I got less distance. I read pretty much this whole thread to educate myself and applied a couple pictures. Is this one of those your results may vary deals? Where not everyone will achieve better distance?

View attachment 26955View attachment 26956

Hi,
I applied the channel hack but did not get any further distance in fact on a known route I'd say I got less distance. I read pretty much this whole thread to educate myself and applied a couple pictures. Is this one of those your results may vary deals? Where not everyone will achieve better distance?

Why not list your complete setup for comparison purposes? Also where is your Maps at? You sure don't fly with your wifi disabled, do you?

Also why is your Image transmission quality jacked all the way up?

Would that be the 1st ever Pilot app version as well?

Reactions: Romonaga
Why not list your complete setup for comparison purposes? Also where is your Maps at? You sure don't fly with your wifi disabled, do you?

Also why is your Image transmission quality jacked all the way up?

Would that be the 1st ever Pilot app version as well?
I put my iPad in airplane mode thinking it would increase my reception. No?

I thought it defaults to image transmission at 6Mbps? I had a choice to change it all the way up to 10Mbps!

I have a P3A using 1.3 firmware and 2.0 pilot go app

Flew the hack this evening. Works a treat. Sure is quiet up in those extra channels, except for some big spikes on 26 and 27 where I was. I settled in on 31 and left it there for 4 batteries. Didn't try any distance comparisons, although some need to understand that it's only the video feed that's supposed to be better at longer distances, because the channels are quieter with less interference. I think that's the way I understood it.

I put my iPad in airplane mode thinking it would increase my reception. No?

I thought it defaults to image transmission at 6Mbps? I had a choice to change it all the way up to 10Mbps!

I have a P3A using 1.3 firmware and 2.0 pilot go app

Generally, when you are going to do a distance flight of any kind we're going to take care of the common settings for sure. So why see how fast the car goes if you are going to leave the travel trailer hooked up to the hitch?

Btw, you are right, that is the GO app. I for some reason mistook it for a old Pilot app version. I had to confirm it with one of my recent GO app test video's. Sorry for the bad call.

Flew the hack this evening. Works a treat. Sure is quiet up in those extra channels, except for some big spikes on 26 and 27 where I was. I settled in on 31 and left it there for 4 batteries. Didn't try any distance comparisons, although some need to understand that it's only the video feed that's supposed to be better at longer distances, because the channels are quieter with less interference. I think that's the way I understood it.

Yes.... It is to be known as you get further distance before seeing a video loss. But I do use mine with the WindSurfer and I have not had any video drop out or freeze. I have just had a little lag appear instead.

Yes.... It is to be known as you get further distance before seeing a video loss. But I do use mine with the WindSurfer and I have not had any video drop out or freeze. I have just had a little lag appear instead.
Yep, I also now leave my antenna booster on, it still fits in my backpack! And with the latest firmware, it's like old times. Steady, firm, feels rock-solid now.

Generally, when you are going to do a distance flight of any kind we're going to take care of the common settings for sure. So why see how fast the car goes if you are going to leave the travel trailer hooked up to the hitch?.

I'm not following you here. Could be that it's almost midnight and I have too many Blue Moon beers in me. [emoji3]

OK so why cant i get this to work lol. everything is current updates. Ipad mini3. Macbook pro running itunes 12. latest firmware on remote and on p3p. I have the config file. i go to itunes and do the add to go app and i see it within the go app folder in the itunes window. i sync my device and i start up my controller, app and bird....put it on manual. only have 8 channels still. What am I missing? read 16 pages of posts and as far as I know im doing everything correct....no dice! I also dont seem to be able to delete the config file from the itunes window either. i drag it to trash...it shows in trash but is still staying in itunes. (I do not have or know how to unhide hidden system folders...and dont care to if i dont need to).

OK so why cant i get this to work lol. everything is current updates. Ipad mini3. Macbook pro running itunes 12. latest firmware on remote and on p3p. I have the config file. i go to itunes and do the add to go app and i see it within the go app folder in the itunes window. i sync my device and i start up my controller, app and bird....put it on manual. only have 8 channels still. What am I missing? read 16 pages of posts and as far as I know im doing everything correct....no dice! I also dont seem to be able to delete the config file from the itunes window either. i drag it to trash...it shows in trash but is still staying in itunes. (I do not have or know how to unhide hidden system folders...and dont care to if i dont need to).
Did you "unzip" the downloaded file before dropping it in iTunes? The file you download is a "rar" file that contains the actual 48 byte file you need to stick into iTunes. It doesn't work to put the file you download into iTunes without "unzipping".

yes file is unzipped. 48byte is what the unzipped file shows in my folder, once "add" to itunes it shows at 4kb on the itunes screen

screen shot of itunes showing the folder is in there. I have even tried to delete it but it wont let me

Attachments

• dji.jpg
    dji.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 337
I didn't "sync" mine after dropping the file in there. Perhaps it's loading the old folder on sync? I don't know, just guessing.

not sure that would be the answer because they i could never sync my ipad like i do on a regular basis to back things up and such

when I drop the file to the desktop it doesnt show a period. When I try to rename the file to put in a period at the start of the file it tells me it cant do that as the period is used for system files only.

unhide my files and BOOM there we go. I couldnt see the DOT file. as soon as I could view the dot version I was able to drag it into the itunes file for the go app. Now the question is....how do i delete the other folder from itunes that is showing in the app screen for the NON dot file...or should i even worry about it

CORRECTION, its not working....while I see 32 channels. only 13-20 are available even while in custom mode. the rest of the channels are blacked out and not able to even see them in the "select channel" drop down menu.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures