Monitor used to fly.

Reaction score
I know they have a list of all tablets to use to fly the drones.
I was just wondering which tablet you use and how easy is it to use?
So far, I've been looking at a Nvidia Shield K1 due to the unubstructed dual front speakers when you have it hooked into your holder.
What are your pro's & con's?
It's easier hearing it from a horses mouth so to speak.

I usually use an iPhone 7 or iPad Mini 4 (depending on the size of display I need).

BTW, I keep a list of phones and tablets often recommended by members of this site here.

I know they have a list of all tablets to use to fly the drones.
I was just wondering which tablet you use and how easy is it to use?
So far, I've been looking at a Nvidia Shield K1 due to the unubstructed dual front speakers when you have it hooked into your holder.
What are your pro's & con's?
It's easier hearing it from a horses mouth so to speak.
My first tablet was the ASUS Zenpad 8 which I'm still very pleased with, however, I had an opportunity to grab an NVIDIA K1 and so I did. It works really good, especially in sunlight without a sunshade. The shade actually seems to get in the way. Just wear a big hat and wear a dark shirt and you're good to go.

The other plus side of the NVIDIA is the HDMI output. Should I decide to take the plunge, I can feed the K1 to a pair of goggles. Also, it has a built in screen recorder which is helpful when analyzing flight records.

I'm new to this, but I've been using a lenovo tab 4 10.1 with my p4p for the last two weeks and zero issues other than hard to see in bright sun. I have all notifications and sync and auto updates turned off, and very few apps installed other than those used in flying or preparing to fly.

I just got the Lenovo tab 4 8. If winter ever lets me I’ll give it a try with my P3S. I disabled and deleted all the apps I could.

10.5" iPad Pro. It does require an extension to fit on the device holder, but it rocks.

Switched from I phone 5 to I pad air just so I my older eyes had larger screen. Works great but you will need to buy after market holder as I did to use on P3 standard controler

I tried many android devices & didn’t have good luck with any of them. So I switched to iPad mini2 WiFi Cellular & it worked good. But then I got iPad mini4 WiFi Cellular 64gb & it is great except hard to see screen in sunlight so now I just got the 7.8” crystal sky monitor which is great for viewing in sun & has 2 SD card slots , usb slots etc. but have found it difficult to learn on the operation of crystal sky. I’m using the CS on my mavic pro drone & love the DJI mount for it. Using iPad mini4 on my p4 drone with modified firmware so I can’t use crystal sky as you have to have all firmware updated to use so I had to give up using modified firmware on mavic. Kinda a trade off as I love crystal sky for viewing in sunlight but lost my modified parameters on mavic pro as I had to update to use crystal sky. But the new firmware is kinda cool having pano & other new settings with new firmware. A good place to get a iPad mini4 WiFi Cellular is eBay. Just be careful how you buy them. But IMHO the mini4 works great flying DJI drones. Highly recommend using iOS as android just doesn’t work well. I realize crystal sky is android but is specific to DJI. Good luck & msinger list has great information. [emoji111]️[emoji256][emoji573]

I wrestled with this same question prior to Christmas. After flying for a year with a Samsung phone, I was just getting frustrated with the dark screen and small viewing area. Decided finally the Ipad mini 4 was the direction I was going. Bought it, love it...not second guessing my purchase....easy to use. And, it was my first ever Apple purchased.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164