Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

Nice panorama shot! Feel free to let me know how the new #3733 works. If any error show up, please help to take a screenshot or note.
Im sure the app had the rec button recording at the time - does that mean it was recording a log - i can see the short flight in the fpv log window afterwards...

Im sure the app had the rec button recording at the time - does that mean it was recording a log - i can see the short flight in the fpv log window afterwards...
If you are referring to screen recorder, it saves video file of screen operation to your iPad's Camera Roll. Take a look of Screen Recorder.

[Edit] You may treat it as video log.

Last edited:
Hi, I was involved in the first beta. I found the app useful so I bought the app V1.3. Now I am invited for the V2.0 flight test. My question is will I will be reverted back to V1.3 after the V2.0 beta test ended? Thank you. BTW, my mission files and flight logs still retain. Keep up with the great app. Thanks.
When v2.0 beta is ended and the official app released, you can upgrade from App Store. Both mission files and flight logs will retain.

one additional thing i wanted to ask was what is the best picture format for taking these pano shots
4:3 or widescreen?
I think for normal panorama 6/8 shots, set Aspect Ratio to 4:3 would help to get a bit taller panorama. If you shoot 20/26 spherical panorama, then 4:3 or 16:9 doesn't matter as it would cover everything anyway.

Hi
What's the thinking about the numbering of way points, after a pano it goes back to one, why not carry on the number upwards,

Hi
What's the thinking about the numbering of way points, after a pano it goes back to one, why not carry on the number upwards,
IMG_0165_800.jpg

• For Pano-WP mission, Waypoint is an optional step. It allows you inserting waypoints BEFORE selected Panorama, in case you cannot fly straight to the required Panorama location. Most of settings in Waypoint Panel are disabled in Pano-WP. Waypoint numbering is associated with panorama point. For example, the first WP-1 behind panorama point 3 is numbered as waypoint 3.1 as shown above, and the next WP-2 is numbered as waypoint 3.2.

The reason of not carrying on the number is due to both pano-points and associated waypoints are waypoints. You may see from the example "Total WP: 8" consisting of 4 WPs and 4 pano-points. If carry on the number, the first pano-point 1 is WP-3 that might cause confusion, especially when inserting/deleting waypoints.

IMG_0165_800.jpg

• For Pano-WP mission, Waypoint is an optional step. It allows you inserting waypoints BEFORE selected Panorama, in case you cannot fly straight to the required Panorama location. Most of settings in Waypoint Panel are disabled in Pano-WP. Waypoint numbering is associated with panorama point. For example, the first WP-1 behind panorama point 3 is numbered as waypoint 3.1 as shown above, and the next WP-2 is numbered as waypoint 3.2.

The reason of not carrying on the number is due to both pano-points and associated waypoints are waypoints. You may see from the example "Total WP: 8" consisting of 4 WPs and 4 pano-points. If carry on the number, the first pano-point 1 is WP-3 that might cause confusion, especially when inserting/deleting waypoints.
IMG_0165_800.jpg

Hi, from your screenshot, after Pano WP 4, the quadcopter will stay in " HOVER " and I have to fly the quad back to home point in manual mode as the the setting, the "RTN " is disabled.

Last edited:
Hi, from your screenshot, after Pano WP 4, the quadcopter will stay in " HOVER " and I have to fly the quad back to home point in manual mode as the the setting, the "RTN " is disabled.
In Pano-WP mode, after shooting EACH panorama and hovering, it will prompt to "Continue?" shooting the next panorama. You may select Again, Next or Cancel.
  • Again: In some occasions, you may want to change camera's EV/ISO (with Camera Settings Dial in Auto mode) or move aircraft (up/down, forward/backward, left/right by RC joysticks) and shoot again.
  • Next: Fly to the next panorama location and continue shooting programmed panorama.
  • Cancel: Abort the mission and let pilots take over control.
If you set Finish = RTH, then it will then defeat the purpose. Why not simply press RTH button on RC if you don't want to fly back manually?

In Pano-WP mode, after shooting EACH panorama and hovering, it will prompt to "Continue?" shooting the next panorama. You may select Again, Next or Cancel.
  • Again: In some occasions, you may want to change camera's EV/ISO (with Camera Settings Dial in Auto mode) or move aircraft (up/down, forward/backward, left/right by RC joysticks) and shoot again.
  • Next: Fly to the next panorama location and continue shooting programmed panorama.
  • Cancel: Abort the mission and let pilots take over control.
If you set Finish = RTH, then it will then defeat the purpose. Why not simply press RTH button on RC if you don't want to fly back manually?
OK, will try that out. Thanks for you explanation.

I was wondering if there are plans for an iPhone version yet? I sooooo want this app but I use an iPhone 6s Plus.

It's hard to keep all people happy when it's down to pricing.

Some people prefer AIO subscription instead of paying in full upfront, because they don't know whether the app or add-ons are useful or not. Some prefer to use certain features but not all, such as Camera, Mission Planner or FPV Goggles alone. If we group everything together with a higher bundle price, I'm almost 100% sure some people think being trapped as well if they are only interested in certain features. Thus, we opt for a more flexible pricing to let users choose what they want/need.

I think you understand the feeling as what you said "I have already spent over $35 on apps in the past month I probably will never use." though I'm unsure what did you buy last month.
--------If I purchase the app today is there a charge to go to version 2, i want to get pano

Sounds like too much disappointment with this app..

& too highly priced for the (endless?!) add-ons

I will definitely swerve this one

I think so too Keith, but I'd like to hear that from pvflyer. I've Been bit a few times
I know that feeling, I own it, can't really say a lot about it yet cause I haven't got it to launch, but I'm sure that's been my fault, I'm hoping they release the new Version, I have way too much money in it to give up now !!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94