Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

Can anyone point mean to information about the actions you can set during waypoint missions? I can't seem to find any detailed information that would tell me what "wait" means. Am I missing something here or should I just inherently know that "wait" means that the aircraft will wait for 10 seconds or five seconds or 60 seconds? Wait for what? Is the real question.

I realize the SDK may restrict this but ideally I'd be able to wait for a period of time that I set and then move on. Ideally I'd like to go to a waypoint hover in one spot while I video and able able to pan and tilt and then move on at a predetermined time. But just to have a "wait" action with no information about how to use it doesn't make any sense at all unless I'm able to dictate a particular amount of time and then what to do after that.

Am I the only one having trouble understanding how to use this feature?

Thanks for the help. My apologies if this is already been asked and answered but I couldn't find the answer in any of the existing documentation online.

Can anyone point mean to information about the actions you can set during waypoint missions? I can't seem to find any detailed information that would tell me what "wait" means. Am I missing something here or should I just inherently know that "wait" means that the aircraft will wait for 10 seconds or five seconds or 60 seconds? Wait for what? Is the real question.

I realize the SDK may restrict this but ideally I'd be able to wait for a period of time that I set and then move on. Ideally I'd like to go to a waypoint hover in one spot while I video and able able to pan and tilt and then move on at a predetermined time. But just to have a "wait" action with no information about how to use it doesn't make any sense at all unless I'm able to dictate a particular amount of time and then what to do after that.

Thanks for the help. My apologies if this is already been asked and answered but I couldn't find the answer in any of the existing documentation online.
Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to by "wait". I have not seen that parameter. If you want to loiter at a waypoint you can "pause" the mission and "resume" when you're ready. This won't work for your purposes?

Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to by "wait". I have not seen that parameter. If you want to loiter at a waypoint you can "pause" the mission and "resume" when you're ready. This won't work for your purposes?[/QUOTE

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The feature I'm trying to better understand is when you're setting up a waypoint mission, in the right-hand panel where you set the waypoint altitude, focus bearing, target and actions I'm trying to understand the actions available to you. When you click that actions button you can tell it to start a video or take a picture but more specifically one of the actions is to "wait." Which to me means absolutely nothing. Wait for what? There's no option to set a specific amount of time to wait. So I understand you're waiting for the next action that you can define such as take a picture but how long is it waiting? I'd love to have it wait at a particular spot for particular amount of time that I'd previously set while taking a video but that doesn't seem to be what this feature is. Really I have no idea what it is because it doesn't tell you how long a period of time it's waiting for or anything else.

It seems like one of those features that was halfway developed and should've been taken out prior to release but was left in just to cause confusion. :)

I apologize if it's a stupid question but the obvious answer is not jumping out at me.

There is a bug in DJI SDK to ignore the Stay action. DJI fixed this issue in the latest SDK 2.4.1, and we have also fixed it in the app and the fix will be available in the next update. We plan to add a wait duration and update the document as well.

Attachments

• DJI-SDJ-2.4.1.jpg
    DJI-SDJ-2.4.1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The feature I'm trying to better understand is when you're setting up a waypoint mission, in the right-hand panel where you set the waypoint altitude, focus bearing, target and actions I'm trying to understand the actions available to you. When you click that actions button you can tell it to start a video or take a picture but more specifically one of the actions is to "wait." Which to me means absolutely nothing. Wait for what? There's no option to set a specific amount of time to wait. So I understand you're waiting for the next action that you can define such as take a picture but how long is it waiting? I'd love to have it wait at a particular spot for particular amount of time that I'd previously set while taking a video but that doesn't seem to be what this feature is. Really I have no idea what it is because it doesn't tell you how long a period of time it's waiting for or anything else.

It seems like one of those features that was halfway developed and should've been taken out prior to release but was left in just to cause confusion. :)

I apologize if it's a stupid question but the obvious answer is not jumping out at me.

I see the parameter "Stay", not 'Wait". Is that what you are referring to?

stay-jpg.36758

Attachments

• stay.jpg
    stay.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 748
When I am at this dialog box for a waypoint, I found you can add an action, say "stay", and press the "set" button. Then you can select "add action" and add another action, like "take photo", and again press the "set" button. Both actions are then saved for that waypoint. By the way, when you select another new waypoint location, I believe the actions are copied into the new waypoint. I have not found a specific time identified for the "stay action", but I am willing to bet PVFlyer might enhance the actions available or expand on the ones currently available if enough people ask. I wonder if this where the "panorama" action might go? Hmmmm...

I have briefly gone through your mission file, and I'm unaware of any tricky thing. Maybe WP-7 is a bit too close to WP-8, and the minimum distance between WPs used to be 2 meters in FW 1.4.10, but unsure whether the new FW restricting more.

We will test your mission in simulator with FW 1.5.30 next week, and let you know how it goes.

I did have some time today to go out and fly. I moved WP 8 a little and spread them out. It flew the mission just fine after that. Your suspicion on something in the new firmware and closeness of the WP's changing must have been the issue?

How are map layers handled, in App?

They must be cached with the mission, but is there a limit other than device storage size?

How many missions can be saved with their needed map layers?

Will the map layers be saved for as long as the mission is saved?

Thank you.

Weather permitting, tomorrow I want to fly my first multi target mission. Just a short trip arounf the sports oval using 6 waypoints, M curves, Height 30m to 50m, auto recording and 4 targets.
Is this correct procedure.
1. Fire up controller, tablet and dji App.
2. Carry out compass calibration and wait for GPS locks
3. Close dji app.
4. Take off and hover at least 5m height.
5. Open fpv mission app.
6. Switch to F mode.
7. Open saved mission.
8. Review and check flight path.
9. Press fly and watch the fun.
10 At end drone will fly to homepoint and auto land.
11. If I want to I can alter speed during flight by using right stick F/B.
12. At any stage switch to P mode and take control.

Please comment, nervous but trust the app.
I have flown over 150km and distances out to 3.5km but never used any app to control the machine.

I did have some time today to go out and fly. I moved WP 8 a little and spread them out. It flew the mission just fine after that. Your suspicion on something in the new firmware and closeness of the WP's changing must have been the issue?
We will need to test FW 1.5.30 and limit longer distance between 2 WPs.

How are map layers handled, in App?

They must be cached with the mission, but is there a limit other than device storage size?

How many missions can be saved with their needed map layers?

Will the map layers be saved for as long as the mission is saved?

Thank you.
The app only cache Google Map, and the map caching is handle by Google Map itself.

The mission files store WPs and other configuration without any mapping data. Map is mainly used for planning stage. When you open a mission on-site, you can fly it even without map at all, as long as WPs are processed properly in the app.

Weather permitting, tomorrow I want to fly my first multi target mission. Just a short trip arounf the sports oval using 6 waypoints, M curves, Height 30m to 50m, auto recording and 4 targets.
Is this correct procedure.
1. Fire up controller, tablet and dji App.
2. Carry out compass calibration and wait for GPS locks
3. Close dji app.
4. Take off and hover at least 5m height.
5. Open fpv mission app.
6. Switch to F mode.
7. Open saved mission.
8. Review and check flight path.
9. Press fly and watch the fun.
10 At end drone will fly to homepoint and auto land.
11. If I want to I can alter speed during flight by using right stick F/B.
12. At any stage switch to P mode and take control.

Please comment, nervous but trust the app.
I have flown over 150km and distances out to 3.5km but never used any app to control the machine.
Suggest to adjust the procedure a bit.
3. Kill DJI app in Camera View WITHOUT going back to main page.
4. Open Mission Planner app.
5. Open saved mission.
6. Take off and hover at least 5m height.
7. Switch to F mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl