Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

This was not on the latest beta release.

It sounds like you have the recording notification handled.

I have never had Hardware decoding on using the Go App, and have never had a single issue with judder or increased latency on the Air 2. Are you saying that your App is more resource intensive than the Go App? I thought it was the worst as far as a resource hog.
There are several components are pretty resources demanding in the app.
1. DJI 720p HD video streaming and decoding.
2. Almost full iPad screen Google Map, especially when zooming in/out, panning and caching.
3. Screen recorder (similar to video cache in DJI GO), but it's not only recording 720p video. It's almost a full screen recorder (similar to Shou on iOS 7/8) to record video, telemetry, map, warning message, basically everything you see on the screen.

Thanks for the explanation. I just opened the App after updating to #3131 and a pop-up asked did I want to allow screen recording. I clicked "don't allow" which was then followed by an error pop-up. Is screen recording mandatory?

Also, does the App generate a flight log comparable to Go or Litchi, I cannot find it?

Thanks!

Feature request: Repeat mission X amount of times and loop mission until canceled. You can name it patrol mode. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. I just opened the App after updating to #3131 and a pop-up asked did I want to allow screen recording. I clicked "don't allow" which was then followed by an error pop-up. Is screen recording mandatory?

Also, does the App generate a flight log comparable to Go or Litchi, I cannot find it?

Thanks!
Screen recorder is optional, and you can turn it on/off anytime. You may ignore the pop-up error when clicking "Don't Allow", and we will fix this message accordingly.

Flight Log can be exported to CSV, you may then convert it to any format you like.

Screen recorder is optional, and you can turn it on/off anytime. You may ignore the pop-up error when clicking "Don't Allow", and we will fix this message accordingly.

Flight Log can be exported to CSV, you may then convert it to any format you like.

And where are the logs? Sorry if stupid question. In Go, I use iTunes to pull out FlightRecords. In FPV Camera's Data folder, I don't find any logs. The Flight Log button on the home screen is a purchase option. Is being able to get a simple csv or text flight log an extra purchase in addition to the Mission Planner? On your FB page about Flight Log I can see that it is much more than just a simple csv presentation. Is there any way to demo that plugin at all, or is that a buy to try?

Thanks!

And where are the logs? Sorry if stupid question. In Go, I use iTunes to pull out FlightRecords. In FPV Camera's Data folder, I don't find any logs. The Flight Log button on the home screen is a purchase option. Is being able to get a simple csv or text flight log an extra purchase in addition to the Mission Planner? On your FB page about Flight Log I can see that it is much more than just a simple csv presentation. Is there any way to demo that plugin at all, or is that a buy to try?

Thanks!
Go ahead and click buy. It's free for beta users.

Thanks!
For retrieving CSV log, you need to export a particular log or all logs. CSV log files are located in Documents/export folder. It's free for beta testing.

I suggest to read Help > Flight Log > Features or Flight Log Features for details.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Feature request: Repeat mission X amount of times and loop mission until canceled. You can name it patrol mode. ;)
Can this be achieved by flying the same mission repeatedly? In this case, you may set Finish = Hover and Initial Height = 1st-WP. Once the mission is completed and hovering, you may then tap Start to upload the same mission again. Obviously, you need to make sure there is no obstacle between the last WP and the first WP, while you start from last WP instead of home point.

Can this be achieved by flying the same mission repeatedly? In this case, you may set Finish = Hover and Initial Height = 1st-WP. Once the mission is completed and hovering, you may then tap Start to upload the same mission again. Obviously, you need to make sure there is no obstacle between the last WP and the first WP, while you start from last WP instead of home point.
That would work but it would be nice if it could be automated and hands off. Not a big deal, just thought it would be a neat feature, bells and whistles type stuff. Also, not sure how practical it would be anyway with only 18-20 mins of flight time.

Some uses could be:
Search and Rescue
Various security patrols
Hunting applications

Just flew a 15 waypoint mission through and around buildings with 8 targets and the corners are working great now!

Feature Request:

In flight log the ability to play back the flight at 2X, 4X, 8X speed.
In flight log the ability to export as a video to camera roll (yes screen recording could work here but a simple click and export would be better)

In mission planner the sliders are way too sensitive. It's hard getting an exact value without using the -+. I can set it close with my finger but when I release the slider it jumps 50 feet in one direction or another. I'd also like to be able to slide the mission setup area off the screen and/or minimize it to the telemetry bar.

Add a simple path feature and drag and drop radius POI and this will be an all in one.

Make it happen PVFlyer ;)

Last edited:
Just flew a 15 waypoint mission through and around buildings with 8 targets and the corners are working great now!

Feature Request:

In flight log the ability to play back the flight at 2X, 4X, 8X speed.
In flight log the ability to export as a video to camera roll (yes screen recording could work here but a simple click and export would be better)

In mission planner the sliders are way too sensitive. It's hard getting an exact value without using the -+. I can set it close with my finger but when I release the slider it jumps 50 feet in one direction or another. I'd also like to be able to slide the mission setup area off the screen and/or minimize it to the telemetry bar.

Add a simple path feature and drag and drop radius POI and this will be an all in one.

Make it happen PVFlyer ;)
Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions. I'm glad to know the curved corners are working great now.

We are well aware of slider is too sensitive, such as height value range from -200m to +500m. I usually drag the slider close to required value, then use -/+ buttons to adjust the exact value. FYI, you may tap-and-hold -/+ buttons to change value exponentially.

We plan to add POI and other mission types in the next version. Do you have any suggestions on other mission types?

Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions. I'm glad to know the curved corners are working great now.

We are well aware of slider is too sensitive, such as height value range from -200m to +500m. I usually drag the slider close to required value, then use -/+ buttons to adjust the exact value. FYI, you may tap-and-hold -/+ buttons to change value exponentially.

We plan to add POI and other mission types in the next version. Do you have any suggestions on other mission types?

I'll come up with more ideas but think patrol could be a mission type. It would keep repeating the course until canceled or when a defined low battery level is hit, then go home and land. This could be useful in many scenarios.

I'll come up with more ideas but think patrol could be a mission type. It would keep repeating the course until canceled or when a defined low battery level is hit, then go home and land. This could be useful in many scenarios.
We might consider how to implement this patrol mode in a foolproof way.

When you start screen recorder by REC button, it takes a few seconds to initialize and you don't need to tap it several times. As reported by some beta testers, there might have some compatibility issues of screen recorder on some (but not all) iOS devices, while we might disable it in the release version.

Any thoughts?

New mission idea:

Payload (delivery)

Flys to waypoint and descends to a specified altitude then hovers for a specified amount of time directly below the waypoint. (Could also land as well and take back off) Once complete ascendes back to the initial waypoint height and continues the mission.

Think beer delivery in a basket hanging from the skids. :cool: Delivering small parts in a rural environment could even be a possibility.

Is this possible? How accurate is the GPS when selecting from the map?

Last edited:
Made a simple tutorial of RC pitch & yaw control in Mission Planner. I will update the video to the OP for easy reference.

I did the leashcam thing the other day. Worked great! 10 ft to 100 ft while doing a half circle POI on a small building. The app is very versatile if you know how to use it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT