Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

I have my corners set to L but the flight is acting like straight. Am I doing something wrong? What do you need me to upload?

The P3 flys to the waypoint at the selected speed then brakes into the waypoint makes a hard turn and speeds up again to the next waypoint. My P3 is a version 1 with the old motors and mainboard.

Also my last flight log entry is all zeros and I'm on the latest beta build. I'm using an iPad mini 4 if that makes a difference.
If you set the Speed higher than 6m/s or so (can't remember the exact value & will check later), it's likely to slower you down to 2m/s and turn a fairly sharp corner, then speed up again to the next waypoint, regardless the corner size.

Did the app crash or you quit the app before turning off motor?

If you set the Speed higher than 6m/s or so (can't remember the exact value & will check later), it's likely to slower you down to 2m/s and turn a fairly sharp corner, then speed up again to the next waypoint, regardless the corner size.

No crash. I quit (switched to p-gps) just after the last waypoint and took over with DJI GO so I could fly over the golf course club house across the lake.

So I need to be at ~13 mph or below? What speed was the op video? Your corners in the video and flight log were very rounded.

No crash. I quit (switched to p-gps) just after the last waypoint and took over with DJI GO so I could fly over the golf course club house across the lake.
That's why the flight log was not ended properly. You may keep flying in Mission Planner and simply toggle from map to FPV, or switch to Camera mode for flying.

The OP speed is around 23 km/h (can't remember exact value). You may check from the setup video.

That's why the flight log was not ended properly. You may keep flying in Mission Planner and simply toggle from map to FPV, or switch to Camera mode for flying.

The OP speed is around 23 km/h (can't remember exact value). You may check from the setup video.

I don't think 1/2 a mph is going to make a difference. We are missing something here.

Again, weak or lost signal or loss of FPV has nothing to do with the autonomous flight, right? If RTH is set, will it will return home regardless of signal strength. What will happen if you are totally obstructed or out of range of the RC at the end of a mission and you have it set to Hover, you have no signal, so will it just hover and run out of battery? May sound weird, but could happen.
Once mission is uploaded and started, it will continue even lost signal. If Finish set to RTH, it will proceed standard RTH upon completion of mission regardless with signal or not. If Finish set to Hover, it will hover when mission completed regardless with signal or not.

This might be a stupid question but if the controller loses connection, will the phantom continue on its course?

Hi, I've been reading this thread, and very excited that Mission Planner is in beta! I've flown an APM based F450 and mission planner works well. My question is, since the P3 is Naza based, is this beta version a special build for the P3 / Naza and no other hardware mods are needed? Sorry, just trying to understand the requirements.

We have been conducting a private beta testing of Mission Planner in the past 3 weeks. We are about to start a small scale (round one) public beta testing, targeting 50 beta testers on iPad. If you are interested to join, please sign up at Beta Registration Form. We expect beta testers willing to provide feedback on problems/bugs and suggestions to improve the app.

We would like to share with you 2 videos of “Fly Multi-Target Mission” and “Setup Multi-Target Mission” to get an idea how it works.

Mission Planner is an advanced ground station to program autonomous waypoint flight based on Google Map for creating superior footage. You can set maximum 99 waypoints in conjunction with multiple shooting targets in a single continuous mission. With aid of progressive Auto-Tilt gimbal control, it always keeps your targets right at the center of your footage with smooth camera tilting from one target to another even with some very difficult footage.

Mission Planner is powerful and easy to use. It guides you through mission setup step-by-step. You can plan your mission anywhere you like without requiring connection to RC or aircraft, then save the mission file on your iOS devices for future use like a document file.

*** Important Notes to Beta Testers ***
Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 20m (66ft) off the actual height after aircraft flying and heating up several minutes. You are recommended to set waypoint height minimum 25m (82ft). For example, if you set a waypoint height 25m, when aircraft reaches such waypoint 10 minutes later, the actual height might be only 5m (17ft) depending on the discrepancy of altimeter, though the altimeter is still reporting 25m height. This is likely a generic issue of DJI products family regardless apps or even without using app.
I am in. I am experienced with Mission Planner, and Beta reporting.

We have been conducting a private beta testing of Mission Planner in the past 3 weeks. We are about to start a small scale (round one) public beta testing, targeting 50 beta testers on iPad. If you are interested to join, please sign up at Beta Registration Form. We expect beta testers willing to provide feedback on problems/bugs and suggestions to improve the app.

We would like to share with you 2 videos of “Fly Multi-Target Mission” and “Setup Multi-Target Mission” to get an idea how it works.

Mission Planner is an advanced ground station to program autonomous waypoint flight based on Google Map for creating superior footage. You can set maximum 99 waypoints in conjunction with multiple shooting targets in a single continuous mission. With aid of progressive Auto-Tilt gimbal control, it always keeps your targets right at the center of your footage with smooth camera tilting from one target to another even with some very difficult footage.

Mission Planner is powerful and easy to use. It guides you through mission setup step-by-step. You can plan your mission anywhere you like without requiring connection to RC or aircraft, then save the mission file on your iOS devices for future use like a document file.

*** Important Notes to Beta Testers ***
Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 20m (66ft) off the actual height after aircraft flying and heating up several minutes. You are recommended to set waypoint height minimum 25m (82ft). For example, if you set a waypoint height 25m, when aircraft reaches such waypoint 10 minutes later, the actual height might be only 5m (17ft) depending on the discrepancy of altimeter, though the altimeter is still reporting 25m height. This is likely a generic issue of DJI products family regardless apps or even without using app.
Google is no longer going to support Google Earth API on December 12, 2015. How are you going to provide maps for mission planning when that happens?

Hi, I've been reading this thread, and very excited that Mission Planner is in beta! I've flown an APM based F450 and mission planner works well. My question is, since the P3 is Naza based, is this beta version a special build for the P3 / Naza and no other hardware mods are needed? Sorry, just trying to understand the requirements.
FYI, P3 and I1 are A2 based, while P2 is Naza based. Mission Planner (FPV Camera) supports P3P, P3A and I1 without requiring any hardware mods.

The poster i quoted above also reports the same with a speed of 32 km/h with large corners.
I will try with lower speed and large corners but i think its a bit uncalled for to state that DJI flight controller cant handle high speed corners. Surely both Airnest and Litchi uses the same and the corners are more fluid in those apps.

Sorry i havent purchased flight log only fpv goggles which claims i have to buy it again. :)

yeah, i saved it as a new file with lower speed already.

EDIT: Purchased flight log (seems to be free during beta) but what info/pic do you want?
I can see that in almost all wp:s the speed goes down to below 20 km/h and even below 10 km/h in some of them. Is this intended with medium corners?
Did you get a smoother footage after lower speed? DJI flight controller would indeed lower corner speed and ignore corner curve if speeding. We will add color in speed slider as an indicator in Setup step.

After a weekend with bad weather we have perfekt drone weather, so I've just flown a trip of 2 km around 33% battery time, it works perfectly without any problems, just nede to read more about camera direktion, but is very positiv..

Did you get a smoother footage after lower speed? DJI flight controller would indeed lower corner speed and ignore corner curve if speeding. We will add color in speed slider as an indicator in Setup step.
So what's the magic number in mph?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20