Mission failed to upload: way point distance too long

Reaction score
Failed to load a mission on Litchi because a way point was too long. Now here is the thing, and maybe I'm crazy for trying to do this and let me know if this is the case, my plan is to launch from one location and drive to another for the landing to extend the useful flight time (Don't want to waste precious minutes flying past stuff a second time). My running assumption is that the too long way point is from the last way point to the home point at launch. So I want to either - 1) extend the limit so I can exceed the 2k way point limit or 2) let it know at the time of launch at the home point is 2k away from where the p3 will launch from.

First of all I get the "way point to long" message. I click ok then ask if I want to proceed. I click yes and it starts the mission. Have you tried that yet?

Also if you can't get past that then simply just add more way points in between the others. Problem solved. Make sure you tuned off RTH when battery gets low. VERY IMPORTANT AS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DRONE THAT WAY. as a rule of thumb I usually make my waypoints around 9-10 mins long . That gives me around 60% battery left. Also take into account the wind factor too. Higher you go the stronger the wind even if there is no breeze where you are on the ground

You might try this: get the bird in the air and close to the first waypoint then drag the home point to the new location ( refer to page 4 in the litchi manual). Then load the mission. May not work since the first WP is now too far away! Then try putting a new first WP about half way between the original first wp and where the new HP will be. Fly toward it, move the HP and loadcand fly the mission. Be curious to hear if this works.

Reactions: AndyTK
First of all I get the "way point to long" message. I click ok then ask if I want to proceed. I click yes and it starts the mission. Have you tried that yet?

Also if you can't get past that then simply just add more way points in between the others. Problem solved. Make sure you tuned off RTH when battery gets low. VERY IMPORTANT AS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DRONE THAT WAY. as a rule of thumb I usually make my waypoints around 9-10 mins long . That gives me around 60% battery left. Also take into account the wind factor too. Higher you go the stronger the wind even if there is no breeze where you are on the ground

All of my waypoints are half a click or less it's the distance between either the start point and the first point or the last point and the home point (implied or Litchi added waypoints) that it doesn't like. If I recall the mission itself, according to Litchi should be 14 minutes, not including the time it takes to get to the first waypoint.

You might try this: get the bird in the air and close to the first waypoint then drag the home point to the new location ( refer to page 4 in the litchi manual). Then load the mission. May not work since the first WP is now too far away! Then try putting a new first WP about half way between the original first wp and where the new HP will be. Fly toward it, move the HP and loadcand fly the mission. Be curious to hear if this works.

I'll give that a shot. For the moment I dropped the first way point and moved my launch point slightly and it seems to accept the mission now. Only problem is that by then it was getting dark and I didn't want to fly in the dark, yet.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl