Missing Phantom 4

J&W

Reaction score
Well I did it and ran the battery too low on my P4 standard and it auto landed. It landed in a field just over a row of trees in a grass field. The grass is too tall to see it. I have read that you could download the flight logs to see the gps cooridantes and I did but the .txt files are unreadable to me, lots of symbols with a few letters scattered through the file. The other files I downloaded are .dat files. I run a MAC so is there a program I can use to open the .dat files? If I can get open will it give me the gps cooridantes where the P4 landed?

the .txt files are unreadable to me, lots of symbols with a few letters scattered through the file
You can decode that file by uploading it here.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have read that you could download the flight logs to see the gps cooridantes
If you do upload the .txt files as msinger mentioned, download the .kml file thet is available. You can pinpoint the last recorded location by loading that file in GE.

Well I did it and ran the battery too low on my P4 standard and it auto landed. It landed in a field just over a row of trees in a grass field. The grass is too tall to see it. I have read that you could download the flight logs to see the gps cooridantes and I did but the .txt files are unreadable to me, lots of symbols with a few letters scattered through the file. The other files I downloaded are .dat files. I run a MAC so is there a program I can use to open the .dat files? If I can get open will it give me the gps cooridantes where the P4 landed?

If downlink was maintained all the way to autolanding then both the txt log and the mobile device DAT file will contain the coordinates. You can post either or both of them here for assistance or, if you feel like digging around yourself, @msinger's link above will work for the txt log and you can use DatCon (cross-platform) to decode the DAT files.

Hurry up.. theres' a herd of pilots pushing forth looking for it...

Reactions: Neon Euc
Whewwwwwwww, landed in a cotton field, another 1000' further than I thought at first. Actually a better spot to land. I do think it tumbled some had a couple of dings on props and left leg is twisted. I put in new battery took offf props and it starts, goes into gps mode, records home point and takes pictures. I will actually fly it after I fix leg.

Thanks to all for your help!!
IMG_0293.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna