Minimum requirements for tablet for P3S

Wow. Interesting. I've been ok so far, I hope I stay that way.

Jeff
It is weird. Could totally be me though. I am very green to the ways of the phantom. But just out of curiosity, since the mini2 is laggy for me but not for you.. what kind of areas are you flying in?

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just convenient places, I haven't even considered "interference" in my choices. It's winter here, so I'm only out once a week, and stay pretty close to home.

My kids' high school is around the corner, so I use that parking lot on the weekends. It's a hundred yards from densely populated suburbia and there are dozens of available wifi connections in range.

e3a3780f98c8e7703abb1b19cf7247c1.jpg

My other fav spot is dad's farm where the only wifi available is mom's!

Jeff

Just convenient places, I haven't even considered "interference" in my choices. It's winter here, so I'm only out once a week, and stay pretty close to home.

My kids' high school is around the corner, so I use that parking lot on the weekends. It's a hundred yards from densely populated suburbia and there are dozens of available wifi connections in range.

I'm confused, lol we both basically fly identical setups in almost identical environments, city/ city outskirts.

With a dedicated mini2 I get video lag so bad it takes all the joy right out of flying. Yet the undedicated iPad air2 with A8x processor seems to be fine in these same areas.

The mini belongs to my brother and the air is my mom's so I think I'm going to switch over to Android, I'm not a apple fan plus Apple products are too expensive to buy as a dedicated device just to fly my phantom.

Really don't want to buy a tablet and get the same results. Glad you are happy with yours! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Well before I get too cocky let me at least say that this iPad is new to me and I've only flown with it twice... I haven't had an issue yet but if I do I'll be honest and come back here to let you know!

Jeff

Reactions: 805hd
I normally fly in my neighborhood, so I'm sure any types of interference can cause video lag. I started with the mini2 it was awful the mini3 was much better and the air2 was perfect.

Leaving my house and being more on the outskirts of town things were much better for the mini3 but it still lagged. Take it I was still within city limits. But geez, what do I got to do? Drive 100miles anytime I want to fly my drone? Lol anoyying! All these tablets were dedicated before I tried them beside the air2 all were wiped clean with only the DJI app in it. No cell, cached maps at home

The mini2 and mini3 both use the A7 so there is no way the mini3 would perform better.

I use a mini2 and have zero video lag. I also use a air2 when its bright out as the screen is less reflective. The mini2 will run without lag if hardware decoding is on

Perhaps I got a little ahead of myself and wanted to see a slight improvement?! Haha

I flew in a more remote location. iPad air2 was lag free the entire time. Must be something really strong in my neighborhood. Wish there was a way to find out what it is... I can't seem to find anything about interference and video lag..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus