Mini OSD and Gopro on screen

Reaction score
Evening all.
I received all my FPV equipment in the mail today. Everything is hooked up and running @99%. Interestingly enough, when i take a look at the screen, i am seeing both the OSD info as well as the menu for the GoPro. I am tried looking around but can't find information for this. Below is a pic of how my screen looks

Thanks!!

Also my wiring set up. Used p'n'p cable.

Attachments

• 2014-10-30 21.52.04.jpg
    2014-10-30 21.52.04.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 845
  • 2014-10-30 21.38.26.jpg
    2014-10-30 21.38.26.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 752
  • 2014-10-30 21.51.49.jpg
    2014-10-30 21.51.49.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 828
Disable osd in the go pro itself. Its in its configuration screen.

Also make sure the antenna of vtx is bent with end facing down. You are going to have poor range straight out back.

Plus, removing battery is a lot easier if the main vtx component is facing sideways or diagonally out the side/back.

And just in case no one ever told you. NEVER TURN THE GOPRO WI-FI ON!

Nice wiring layout. I'm trying to figure out where you mounted the H3-3D anti-interference board?

Thank you very much for clearing that up for me Damon. I never would have thought to look at the GoPros on board settings. I did search though when on the wifi connection (ALWAYS when drone was off, that part i knew haha) and there was nothing for OSD. Brain fart to never check the settings on the unit.

I did try to bend the antenna but the blue beam ultras i have don't seem to like to hold the bend. I will be moving it once my 3D printer comes in and i make a new mount for it.

I purchased the P2 from a member here with the gimbal already mounted. I have never looked into a H3-3D anti-interference board. how critical is it?? I have H3-3D v1

Only time will tell. Some leave it off and experience major humming in audio of recording. Some say they have no problems without it.

Currently, i am dubbing over the flight audio to music. So fingers crossed!! Thanks again.

As far as that antenna goes, you can order 90 degree adapter. Just make sure it has correct terminations. RP-SMA or SMA.

viewtopic.php?t=22736

Will hit radioshack tomorrow. :)

For much less interference on FPV.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414756145701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414756145701.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 604
Agreed, but no charging of go pro in flight. That can be a bad for two reasons. We tend to forget to recharge between flight events thus missing good videos. Plus it can be the shits flying blind when go pro runs out of juice and its a long ways from your launch point.

It all adds up, soon as you modify one thing it leads to another. Because the gopro battery does not charge, frequent battery changes becomes a pain with the bracket, so I resorted rubber bands for ease of removal.

Sorry for the thread hijack, hopefully I added some useful info......

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414759067892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414759067892.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 504
Haha, **** Barbarian. What do you have doing on there??

What kind of transmitter is that, it's much bigger than my immersion

Phantom12014 said:
I found out the hard way with leaving wifi on camera on
I had a friend with P2 luck out. His just went into RTH and luckily nothing was between P2 and home point.

He is one of those buy and fly guys. No research prior to flight.

I was using my gopro for something else and forgot to turn it off i was on my descent about 6ft off ground it just weny crazy and crashed into garage nothing was damaged thank god ...but i sure learned a lesson

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl