Mile Club

You guys are right. I just checked. What I was remembering was if you attempt to set it above 400' you get an FAA warning screen that you need to accept or decline. I cower in the face of the FAA, so I declined, obviously. I stand corrected.:(
No you are correct about that screen you have to check cause I did see that and had to click it when I tried and did go to around 800' just to see behind my house .Now I will sometimes going long see I'm between 400 and 500' but have only seen that pop up the one time .
I wasn't on the same thought as you :)

I know if you are a P3A or P3P person this is no big whoop, but I just flew my P3S to 1.45 miles (>7700 feet) before a weak signal warning caused me to chicken out. It was a mostly over-water flight with a 10 cent paper and aluminum foil windsurfer antenna.

To be honest, I don't know if there is a reason for me to go any further.

I've been out 16240 feet and it flew great. Had a spotter for the flight. See no need for me to do it again. Just wanted to see the capability of the aircraft. Stock.

I've been out 16240 feet and it flew great. Had a spotter for the flight. See no need for me to do it again. Just wanted to see the capability of the aircraft. Stock.
I have to and spotter is funny bro :)
What have you modded with .

Added/ Ya got a log shot of that ?
Proof is in da pudding ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GaDrone
I know if you are a P3A or P3P person this is no big whoop, but I just flew my P3S to 1.45 miles (>7700 feet) before a weak signal warning caused me to chicken out. It was a mostly over-water flight with a 10 cent paper and aluminum foil windsurfer antenna.

To be honest, I don't know if there is a reason for me to go any further.

The weather here has been so bad the last 2 weeks going on three so, I haven't had a chance to get mine up in the air... I plan on giving it a try at at least 1 mile before I go farther... I am glad to see that it is possible... Thanks for the test flights, guys...

Now that's how to show it :)
My best stock was this
stock 6,670'.jpg
;)

My best stock was 2200 feet and 396 alt. Suffice it to say I live in an area with a little more interference. No way I could do a mile stock around here unless I goto the beach and do something foolish. I trust RTH at this point but something about flying my toy two miles out over the Gulf of Mexico to show off doesn't feel right...

In my quest of the mile club yesterday I came up just a bit short. 4984' when I was getting a little nervous when I got a few loss of signal indications. Yet, I'm not seeing those in the healthy drone report.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I then went in a different direction after a change of battery and got a little over 1900' before I got a number of loss of signal and a complete disconnected message.

Fortunately or so I believe RTH did what is was supposed to though the last link makes it look like it was a completely new flight.

Can anyone make heads or tails out of this?

Really out of sheer curiosity and the fact the many others have. No really, I've had some thoughts that this could be useful for my FD when it comes to brush fires that are located off the beaten path, thinking that some rudimentary aerial surveillance could be useful prior to deploying manpower. Whether it will be used in such a manner remains to be determined though it has been discussed.

why do you wish to fly so far?
don't you know that this practice exponentially raises safety concerns?
# 1..I like to see what it takes to do so and love it.
# 2..Yes I know and do what I do where I feel comfortable doing so .

why do you wish to fly so far?
don't you know that this practice exponentially raises safety concerns?
How do you fly your P3S, sir?

Reactions: dirkclod

Flight record screenshot...I find that hard to achieve stock.

+1. Now three skeptics. Let's see it!

I keep my Personal best vid in my sig so no questions. Maybe he posted in the standard area, but has a P3P. That's the only stock I could see happening at that range.

Your correct I just read his posting's Don't know why they keep wanting to do that .
I wish all would put in their signature what they fly and at least what part of the world they live in .

Your correct I just read his posting's Don't know why they keep wanting to do that .
It's the app. It doesn't distinguish between forums.

I don't know about the app as I stay on the main site on my PC .
I think a lot post in here because we have Standards and theirs are better than ours but I don't see it that way .
I know a lot do post to help also and do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl