Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

might be upgrading

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by kitari, Jul 14, 2014.

1. kitari

So as some of you may know I recently lost my fc40 somewhere out in the woods near my house and have yet to find it. Sad times, so now I'm considering just moving up to something with a gimbal and better battery life which I was considering anyways. Should I just get the pv2+ or just get a different model and add my own gimbal and camera? Also would like to hear some feedback from the current owners and how you like it so far.

2. D_Tshudy

No one can answer for you. It really depends what you want. For me, FPV and camera control was crucial so I chose the V2+. I'm very happy with my bird. It's been problem free and has given me hours of fun and some darn nice videos and stills.

3. rrhansen

Concur with Tshudy's comments - and will add the wise advice of DB (on this board) - a P2 with zenmuse and GoPro have limitations: you can't switch still/video in-flight; the gimbal is equally fragile; the cost is comparable +/-; the only benefit is dual use of the GoPro.

I struggled with the same issue after destroying my first P2V+... but bought another one after lots of gnashing of teeth and trying to avoid another 'delicate' gimbal assembly.

Other than the still-present TBE and compass declination issues - it's a great quad with outstanding video output and buttery smooth stability and motion-dampening.