Micro SD

Reaction score
Anyone else having micro SD card issues? My brand new Lexar Professional 1800x microSDXC 128GB UHS-II card will not work. No matter how I format this thing (PC or Mac), I keep getting SD card invalid errors. Before buying this, I read others have been shooting with it successfully on their P4's. Seems weird it will not work on the P4P. Have also tried a 128GB Samsung SDXC 1 card also and that is also a no go. Any ideas what's going on here?

As above use exFAT, maximum partition size of FAT32 can vary with implementation and may not support a 128 GB card. If that fails try formatting the card inside the unit instead of on a PC and see if that helps.

Yes, I've tried every conceivable option (aside from an actual windows machine). It formats and is readable on both my Nvidia Shield tablet and MacBook Pro. Have tried formatting within the P4P but the machine just won't recognise it. If it wasn't for the fact that the MacBook and tablet can both read it I would think the card itself was defective. Just a very weird and frustrating error. Am very curious to know if other users are experiencing similar problems.

So it works flawlessly in your Macbook but not in the P4P? Strange. I have had no problems with 64 GB cards, have not tried 128. I formatted the cards first in my PC but I doubt that has much to do with it, as far as I know Apple fully supports exFAT these days.

Last edited:
So it works flawlessly in your Macbook but not in the P4P? Strange. I have had no problems with 64 GB cards, have not tried 128. I formatted the cards first in my PC but I doubt that has much to do with it, as far as I know Apple fully supports exFAT these days.
That's right, everytime I put it into the P4P I get the SD Card Invalid error!

I used a Sandisk Extreme 64gb from Amazon and ended up with 3 corrupt images and 1 corrupt video on first outing. I assumed it was a bad/fake card so returning it. I never did format it in the Phantom - no clue how to do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl