Mia2 bites da mud BUT now there's Mia3

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Most of you older members know Mia and all her history .Well was flying like crazy monkey as usually
And was around 300' behind house and as soon as I took this which was the last with Mia2
Mia last time 004.JPG

A wire from a esc came loose and I watched it hit from 300' up crash1.JPGcrash2.JPG
cry baby.gif

Well I took her all apart and decided I would do a total redo Order new shell, anti static skids shell.JPG ,2.1 esc's new cable set and 2312 motors . Did use my main board and GPS and camera .
I sent all my electronics to a friend here how can solder great and had him put them all together also added the 4mm antenna to the gps puck and clean up
the camera and make back stock and put it all back together parts inside.JPG .
Mia3
mia3.JPG

Now if ya wonder where the RE700 is I relocated it to here TX.JPG Fly's great and very happy :)
Now have only tried for any distance twice and was to windy when I did this but can get more I'm sure .
IMG_3207.PNG Now to my friend and many more here who I won't say his name ;);)
..............................................................Mia3 Lives ............................................
monker thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Dirk, are you using bird side aerials for FPV or just for TX ? I can hit 5000ft with the Itelite panel on its own but really want to go further.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Dirk, are you using bird side aerials for FPV or just for TX ? I can hit 5000ft with the Itelite panel on its own but really want to go further.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I was using them before that crash but not now . To get any distance with out them you have to fly sideways . Look at the screenshot .
On Mia2 was using the itelite and FPVLR birdsides but that was really just not caring for it so just gonna stay stock on the camera this time .
Tony has the dipoles to match that panel .
I'm not going back to the gimbal like before as I want to stay light .
Gonna learn to fly in manual ;)

Well done, sir (the fixing, not the wrecking).
Oh I wreck good buddy . Most times not bad but several not to good on Mia :)
As far as the fixing I just can install stuff and come up with ideas . If I didn't have my pit crew I would be out of luck .
My soldering looks like a pile of crap ;)

MUHAAAAHAAAAAHHHAAAAAA!
It's ALIVE!
image.jpeg

She looks GREAT!
Sweet job on Tx, See I don't care what Conner says about you, looks professional to me! LOL :cool:
All kidding aside, glad she still with us! Get it all figured out did ya? See P3 DID spoil you! Just sayin!

As always,
Take care, Fly SMOOTH :cool:!
J Dot

Nah,
" WIFE / KIDS " took care of that!
But if I got those glasses, WIERD resemblance huh?

J Doc
:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: J Dot
Nice job there, I have not had chance to fly mine since it fell out of the sky and bent the gimbal post, just waiting for the weather to improve.
Its nice when you see the outcome from the mess in the first picture, good move...

Flack

Nice one dirk, glad you got it all sorted out;)

giphy.gif

That's me bottom middle of the video:p

Yep always got a ***... Oh sorry I can't say that:eek: cigarette in my mouth.... That's what we call them in England, fags;)

Yep always got a ***... Oh sorry I can't say that:eek: cigarette in my mouth.... That's what we call them in England, fags;)
Yea ya always been out there bro :) That smoking gonna kill ya
164ffadba6bfa3b54677a819b37579c4-500x591x6-gif.50637

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl