maximum distance

Reaction score
DJI hong kong says the maximum distance is 500 meters.
I am assuming they mean for the BT module.
if the distance between waypoint 1 and 2 is 600 meters, will the mission be completed or aborted when 500 meters is met?

Suwaneeguy said:
DJI hong kong says the maximum distance is 500 meters.
I am assuming they mean for the BT module.
if the distance between waypoint 1 and 2 is 600 meters, will the mission be completed or aborted when 500 meters is met?
No, dji hk probably meant your control link distance. You can set virtually infinite distance between waypoints 1 and 2. The only thing that decides when to turn back and come home is
(i) if you issue a return to home command from your iPad GS/PC GS
(ii) if you set mission time parameter in the gs and the flight time exceeded mission time.

About bluetooth range don't expect more than 100m.

Thanks for the info.
I was flying yesterday and had flown well over 200 meters with no signal loss.
I figured that once the mission was uploaded, the bird would fly regardless of signal from the controller.

Suwaneeguy said:
Thanks for the info.
I was flying yesterday and had flown well over 200 meters with no signal loss.
I figured that once the mission was uploaded, the bird would fly regardless of signal from the controller.

Yeah this is true. The phantom doesn't "need" signal to run its mission because the waypoints are all uploaded to the bird.

That said... It's a bit alarming when you lose connection (which is fairly common). The key is not to panic... Set your starting and last waypoint right above you... If you lose connection you can rescan when the quad returns and regain connection. Worst case you can pick up the regular controller... Switch to atti and regain manual control.

Buckaye, I was at your field and tried it out. I like it.
So I'll be over there frequently as I also have wifi there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl