Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Max operating temp?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by grant575, Feb 16, 2016.

1. grant575

Can anyone tell me what the max operating temp would be for the p3 pro? I ask because where I live in Sumer it rarely goes below 35c before light starts to fade. Late afternoon when the light is good it's around 40c, I really don't want to fry the bird if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. John1

40c is in specs. Remember the battery does get extremely warm so check temp while flying.

3. Mark The Droner

Yes - and I would start off with a nice cool battery and fly very gently with air temp at 40 C

4. Kestrel24

My batteries normally end up at 50c on landing, from 100 to 30% charge. Summer here in Australia

5. Chris Vedeler

I would routinely fly up to about 40C (104F) in the summer and once or twice I flew with temps above that. Batteries get very hot as do the motors. Performance didn't seem to suffer any, but I wonder about longevity, especially the batteries. In the summer here in Phoenix I was usually forced to only fly in the early morning as it gets to 40C by 10AM.

6. Oso

Oso

Aside from the Phantom operating temps noted earlier, be sure to also consider a mobile device that works well in hot climates.

Last summer in the U.S. there were many threads about devices overheating. Now that summer is approaching again, it will be the first summer for many newer pilots. I'm expecting many new threads about devices overheating once it gets hot outside.

7. Oso

Oso

Chris, do you still use your "creepy" sunshade? Classic!

8. Mark The Droner

My understanding is that 40 C is within the ideal temp range. I would say 40C is safer than 20C. Just be sure you don't get too close to 60 C.

9. Chris Vedeler

I do. It is my standard equipment when I'm out in the desert. Works brilliantly, but isn't something I would want to be found in my a stray hiker.

Oso likes this.