Max altitude reduced

I was having the same problem, just stopping dead after about 30ft out with "maximum distance reached" or similar message. I think I even posted about it here. Then one day it just started flying normally again.

Greetings! All was fine with my P3S with height and distance until two days ago when my max altitude and distance were reduced to ca. 98 feet. I recalibrated my compass and IMU [Just in case], signed out and IN of my DJI account, reinstalled the most recent GO APP, which I had anyway. I still get the warning that my max altitude and distance has been reached at about 98 feet. On my flight log it says " No GPS" yet it shows I have 11 or 12 satellites on the GO APP. I do swap out batteries as needed to keep flying. I double checked I was not in the beginner mode. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. Previously I was flying at max altitude of about 396 feet and 2000 to 3000 feet horizontally. I live way out in the country with no interference.
I have heard that DJI. Put limits into the Phantoms in the latest software "upgrade" as well as drone tracking so if you fly in no fly zone or have an incident you can be traced. Not sure on the full details but that is the basics of it.
Good of them to tell us this great news so they advertise that the machine can fly 2ks away but they stop it from doing it.

Greetings! All was fine with my P3S with height and distance until two days ago when my max altitude and distance were reduced to ca. 98 feet. I recalibrated my compass and IMU [Just in case], signed out and IN of my DJI account, reinstalled the most recent GO APP, which I had anyway. I still get the warning that my max altitude and distance has been reached at about 98 feet. On my flight log it says " No GPS" yet it shows I have 11 or 12 satellites on the GO APP. I do swap out batteries as needed to keep flying. I double checked I was not in the beginner mode. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. Previously I was flying at max altitude of about 396 feet and 2000 to 3000 feet horizontally. I live way out in the country with no interference.
Having the same problem. Have been able to land, go to settings and set the max altitude again, shut down and reboot app and controller then no problem. Have been have this issue come and go. No problem with Litchi, just DJI GO.

I want to thank everyone on this forum. My dad bought me a P3 to help me expand my photography interests. I have only been able to have a few small test flights. Last night I got it up a 200'. This morning I could only get it up 98'. Beginner mode was off, max limit wasn't set. So I got into this forum and came across this issue. A reinstall of the DJI GO software cleared it up for me.

Hi, Charles!.....I have the very same problem!....Yesterday my first flight went fine, I flew up to about 400 ft and a little over 2000 feet out, distance. Landed after 14 minutes as the battery was low, Then I packed it all up in the car and then went over to my other favorite launch site ,using one xtra fully charged battery I got it all set up calibrated have the ladys voice...LIFT-OFF!.....Up it goes...to 93 feet and then I hear Maximum Altitude reached, then I fly it out just a ways and now...Maximum Distance Reached!.......I checked the DJI-App on Beginners Mode and it was Not. I also had the NO-GPS Message!........Hope you get solutions soon and I hope so the same for me!.....93 or 98 feet aint no fun!...........I echo the call for HELP!!
It happened to me as well last week. 98 feet. I was using IOS. I packed it up and a couple of hours later I used my Android phone and problem solved.

Reactions: Kevin G
It happened to me as well last week. 98 feet. I was using IOS. I packed it up and a couple of hours later I used my Android phone and problem solved.
I have Two Ipads thank heavens! I currently have to Open my DJI app then SIGN OUT..Then with the screen still with Signed Out of DJI -Power-OFF Ipad, leave Off for a minute or so THEN Power it ON again, then Reopen The DJI-App and sign in....I do that here at home, then pack up my Jupiter 2 with 2 Ipads,Controller,an Xtra Battery a soft drink and a Volvo and drive to one of my Launch sites....I am hoping this Sign Out/Power Off/Sign Back In krapola doesn't go on forever!

I have Two Ipads thank heavens! I currently have to Open my DJI app then SIGN OUT..Then with the screen still with Signed Out of DJI -Power-OFF Ipad, leave Off for a minute or so THEN Power it ON again, then Reopen The DJI-App and sign in....I do that here at home, then pack up my Jupiter 2 with 2 Ipads,Controller,an Xtra Battery a soft drink and a Volvo and drive to one of my Launch sites....I am hoping this Sign Out/Power Off/Sign Back In krapola doesn't go on forever!
Are you using iOS GO app v3.1.15? There are a few reports since it was released that it has fixed this issue. I can't verify myself since I use v2.4.2.

New iOS app 3.1.15

Update again: It's been a few weeks since I returned my Powerextra batteries and bought a DJI OEM battery. What I've noticed is when I change batteries I have to log out and back in to lift the flight altitude and distance restrictions of 98 ft. Fortunately I don't have to log out then power down my iPhone and turn it back like I did with the Powerextra batteries [see earlier posts]. I'm forewarned that I'll need to logout and in again because I get the warning about strong electrical interference which is unrelated to the battery issue[when I put in my second battery and power up] which doesn't return after I log back in. When the new DJI battery arrived I updated the firmware. Seems like buggy software to me.

Update again: It's been a few weeks since I returned my Powerextra batteries and bought a DJI OEM battery. What I've noticed is when I change batteries I have to log out and back in to lift the flight altitude and distance restrictions of 98 ft. Fortunately I don't have to log out then power down my iPhone and turn it back like I did with the Powerextra batteries [see earlier posts]. I'm forewarned that I'll need to logout and in again because I get the warning about strong electrical interference which is unrelated to the battery issue[when I put in my second battery and power up] which doesn't return after I log back in. When the new DJI battery arrived I updated the firmware. Seems like buggy software to me.
Have you seen this thread?

After being cleared, flight restrictions return with power up (battery change) [Fixed with 3.1.15?]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor