Max altitude reduced

Greetings! All was fine with my P3S with height and distance until two days ago when my max altitude and distance were reduced to ca. 98 feet. I recalibrated my compass and IMU [Just in case], signed out and IN of my DJI account, reinstalled the most recent GO APP, which I had anyway. I still get the warning that my max altitude and distance has been reached at about 98 feet. On my flight log it says " No GPS" yet it shows I have 11 or 12 satellites on the GO APP. I do swap out batteries as needed to keep flying. I double checked I was not in the beginner mode. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. Previously I was flying at max altitude of about 396 feet and 2000 to 3000 feet horizontally. I live way out in the country with no interference.

Another update: After doing some reading of other threads about batteries, software, firmware, etc. My altitude problem might be due to my use of Powerextra batteries. Because the OEM DJI batteries being "Smart Batteries", and possibly the Powerextra batteries are not a close enough match "Smart-wise" to the DJI batteries and DJI software and firmware Updates. OriginalIy these third party batteries worked without any problems, but now it is cumbersome to get altitude and distance [see my earlier posts]. Sooo I have returned my Powerextra batteries and ordered an OEM DJI battery. Hopefully this will not persist.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Just to put you into the picture so to speak.

If after you have started up you change anything like joy stick settings or just take out and replace the batteries the drone will automatically default to 98feet or there abouts.

So if you have this problem. Switch off remote. Switch off drone. Restart both. Problem solved. (should be)

This happened to me only last week. Could not work out why the height was limited.

I remember I had some troubles after I upgraded DJI GO and firmware a few weeks ago. The problem was that the max altitude was reset and I was unable to reenter my preferred max altitude of 500 meters. It turned out it was a fault of the Apple iOS keyboard. After I solved the problem I did a test flight to the altitude of 500 meters and it worked great. At another test flight I set my new distance record of 3377 meters away from the home point. It worked great since then.

I had the same issue on my p3p... got a max distance reached message at about 300 feet (100m).. changed to Litchi and fkew oast the limit then was ok when u went back inyo DJIGo

Greetings! All was fine with my P3S with height and distance until two days ago when my max altitude and distance were reduced to ca. 98 feet. I recalibrated my compass and IMU [Just in case], signed out and IN of my DJI account, reinstalled the most recent GO APP, which I had anyway. I still get the warning that my max altitude and distance has been reached at about 98 feet. On my flight log it says " No GPS" yet it shows I have 11 or 12 satellites on the GO APP. I do swap out batteries as needed to keep flying. I double checked I was not in the beginner mode. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. Previously I was flying at max altitude of about 396 feet and 2000 to 3000 feet horizontally. I live way out in the country with no interference.

It is the latest update that is doing it and unfortunately you can't go back to the previous version once you do the latest update.

Does anybody know what Go App 3.1.14 has new? I'm still on 3.1.13, firmware 1.11.20, Remote 1.9.2 on P3A. Flys perfect.
For the past year, I'd say if it works now, don't upgrade it. DJI has dropped the ball on fixing errors, esp. Android 7.0

I have the same issue with my P3Pro and it started after I did the latest DJI Go App update. The first flight went as usual but when I landed to change the battery and went to take back off I am limited to 98' up and 98' out, very annoying! If I uninstall App and reinstall then I can fly one more time and then get the same limit again when I change battery.

I discovered that if I use the Kittyhawk App with DJI drone control that I can fly the way as always did before the DJI App update! DJI swears it is not an App issue but a aircraft issue but my aircraft flew fine before the DJI App update and flies fine with the Kittyhawk App now so that is the App that I now use!

Same problem here .
What fixed it for me was re-installing latest firmware . In my case ver 1.9.20 .
It worked for one flight only.
Just tried it again and still stuck on 30m height and 50m distance .
Dji has been no help at all

Last edited:
The exact thing happened to me with my standard, all I did was uninstall the go app and install the latest version then my distance and height became unlimited again, this hasn't happened with my p3p,only my standard

I am having same problem since last update..

I'm sure somebody has already told you that you might have accidentally put it into "Beginners Mode" That mode limits you height and distance.

Same thing is going on with mine. Just switched from my iPad to my iPhone and it works perfect

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses. I intentionally put it into beginner mode, made a quick flight then put it back into regular mode, but still no luck. I even adjusted the max altitude little lower but still the same issue. It's still stuck on ca. 98 feet max. Arrghh!
it did it to me i put new dji app in and logout and back in then it was fine

just put new dji app on logout and back in then it will be fine

DJI need to clarify what's gpoing on.. it happened to me.. the 50m limit
upload_2017-8-21_0-46-42.png

Yes another update: Since I returned the Powerextra batteries and bought an OEM DJI battery I haven't had the problem. What I DID notice when I put my new DJI battery in the 'copter I immediately got the prompt that I needed to update my firmware, which I did. I didn't get that message with the Powerextra batteries. Today I had my drone flying first with the battery that came with it, landed, powered off the drone and controller, put in the new battery and off I flew wit no restrictions. I might be occasionally a little dim witted, but I think my problem was with the third party batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl