Mavic vs Phantom 4

Im sure there are pros and cons to mavic/p4 comparison. If the mavic is just generally better than the p4, they basically obsoleted their own product. Who knows, if the manufacturing/profit margins are better, which would warrant a move to obsolete the p4.

lol- based on the specs and the listed price, I'd be asking that opposite question. Is the Phantom 4 worth getting over the Mavic? This is a similar situation to when the Phantom 3 was released and suddenly had almost all the functions of the Inspire 1 at half the cost.

Heres my take, the main selling point of mavic is it being compact. But u never really go anywhere with just the drone, there are extra batteries charger etc. When u pack those in around the phantom then whether it can fold or not only decreases overall size a little as the accessories take up space as well.so if u pack it well the 2 fully packed bags may end up being similar in size

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It will be interesting to see if the Mavic ends up replacing the Phantom series. Anyway you cut it the size and weight of what you'll be hauling around would be less and that's a benefit to everyone.

I would have preferred to see a product that was waterproof and more durable than a compact one, but that's based my personal situation.

I'll be holding off on my purchase to see the reviews on this release. Ahead on this decision, but sure to be behind after I purchase one!

Reactions: durrantie
The Mavic folding size is great for backpacking, the specs look good on paper. What I don't like, is that for me, I need sometimes to hand catch because the landing is a no go, forget hand catch with mavic,also I often land in grass and the P4 clears it, with the mavic I would be cutting the grass. The RC looks like it's made only for a cell phone, I really like my tablet. I have seen P4's get smacked around and survive very well, not so sure the mavic's folding arm's can take as mutch as a P4. The P4 landing gear could break but they are cheap to buy and easy to replace. I would like a mavic but I would not trade in my P4 for one.

After the Christmas holidays, the Mavic will be $100-200 cheaper.

You may notice the "Pro" version. Another cheaper version will be out next year and It will be the low-end aircraft for DJI.

Reactions: skiptv
I wonder what the actual physical size is folded, unfolded?

Compare.png

Reactions: jeganx
I'll get a Mavic but wait till spring. The P4 went from $1400 to $750 in 4 months. Love my P3 and will continue to use it till I get the Mavic. Then keep both. You'd own 2 cars if you could.

I got P3 4K for my first drone 3 months ago. I knew I shouldn't go for the high end of P4 or P3P because of this. Now that I got a hold of what flying a Phantom feels like, Mavic is a logical choice for me to upgrade. But I think I will wait for sometime after there are more customer reviews before upgrading. I just wonder if I can still use Litchi to fly this.

I got P3 4K for my first drone 3 months ago. I knew I shouldn't go for the high end of P4 or P3P because of this. Now that I got a hold of what flying a Phantom feels like, Mavic is a logical choice for me to upgrade. But I think I will wait for sometime after there are more customer reviews before upgrading. I just wonder if I can still use Litchi to fly this.

Yes, the Mavic presentation mentions Litchi compatibility. Apparently. I asked the same question and got this answer!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

All this app-dependancy is their downfall, all hail the P2 :p

The P2 will still have a place in my lineup, for the simplicity and the lack of an app requirement... but if the Mav is anywhere near what the P4 is, my poor P2 is going to collect a lot of dust.

Reactions: pelwitz
I'll get a Mavic but wait till spring. The P4 went from $1400 to $750 in 4 months. Love my P3 and will continue to use it till I get the Mavic. Then keep both. You'd own 2 cars if you could.
Where do you see the P4 for $750 ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18