Mavic Release Discussion

No I didn't...that's definitely a bit of a downside. Where did you see that?

I'm so torn on what to do. I love the size of the session and it's basically the same camera as the Black without the touch screen and removable battery.

I feel like camera control is a HUGE feature.
go to the gopro site, click on the whats included tab for the stabilizor and there is a note under the Compatable with at the bottom of the page

Hi CCDD, That was an interesting leap of faith jumping in for the Inspire, I would be interested in your opinion of how you like it. I have no doubt about the appeal of the Mavic and would certainly not criticise DJI's quality control and will most likely buy one myself. however, still something bugs me. Is it that DJI have tested its moving parts so many times but in a controlled environment ? If it is small enough to fit in your pocket, for me that would be a disaster as my pockets are usually full of biscuit crumbs and dust. Joking aside, what I think is an important thing to remember is safe flying. If it only takes four seconds to launch the Mavic, I believe there will be a temptation to overlook aspects of safety. When I launch my P4 as you will know there is a little routine to pass through before take-off, it only takes a wee while but that first lift of a metre lets you know props are tight, stability and a host of things. If you have the chance to fly a P4, grab it and let me know what you think. My first bird was a P3, I thought it was great but the P4 is so much better. Like yourself, I fly for pleasure and will have to aspire to afford the Inspire!
There really isn't anything not to like about the Inspire with one exception, size. Although the Mavic will be far more convenient, I don't expect it to give me the same "thrill factor" as my Inspire. The Mavic won't be as much fun to watch since it will disappear from sight soon after take off. I haven't flown the P4 and imagine it's very similar to my prior P3Ps which is the main reason I didn't pull the trigger when it first came out. I don't have a need for two quads however, given the significant differences I've seen between the Mavic and Inspire, I think keeping the two might be the best decision.

So I am wondering about this Power bank adapter. According to DJI you can connect an Intelligent Fight Battery to your phone....
But can you do this while the phone is physically connected with the RC?

My problem with my iPhone is that in cold weather it just dies out on me while flying without being connected to a power bank. My P3Standard uses Wi-Fi so it's easy to hook up a power bank (i have many) to the phones lightning connector.
How will it be with Mavic?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
This is another good reason for the proposed iPad mini adapter. You not only get a larger display, you would also get a lot more battery power.

Last edited:
Correct on the batteries - that's $178 right there.
QR Props are $9 a pair - $18 for both
Power Bank is $19
Shoulder Bag is $79 (oi)
Charging hub is $39
Car charger is $49.

So that's $382, which makes DJI's store correct: you save $82.

If you just want to buy two batteries, yes you'd save money, but everyone needs a car charger! And the charging hub does allow you to charge those multiple batteries in sequence without having to watch and swap them.

The rest is up to you.
Or you can buy three extra batteries, instead of just two, and the charging hub, for a total of just $6 more than the Fly More price! Much better value! :cool:

There really isn't anything not to like about the Inspire with one exception, size. Although the Mavic will be far more convenient, I don't expect it to give me the same "thrill factor" as my Inspire. The Mavic won't be as much fun to watch since it will disappear from sight soon after take off. I haven't flown the P4 and imagine it's very similar to my prior P3Ps which is the main reason I didn't pull the trigger when it first came out. I don't have a need for two quads however, given the significant differences I've seen between the Mavic and Inspire, I think keeping the two might be the best decision.
I think we all should have two or three if affordable. I find the P4 far and away better than the P3, a lot of peoples complaint was the jello effect of the 3, the little white rubber
I think you are right, we should have a couple and it sounds like you have a good match there. To me , the P3 was floored with the vibration absorbing rubber balls, people complained about the jello effect, I filled mine with mastic and it really helped but along came the P4 and I find it a world of difference, it is incredibly stable and video quality is superb. Horses for courses I suppose. I live in the far North of Scotland and come the winter months there are not many days when you can plan with certainty an outdoor flight and flying inside is not for me. I shall save for the Inspire and hope it's not super seeded before I can spare the cash. Have fun with your Mavic.

Well I had my hopes up.....I ordered my Mavic on the 29th off eBay at like 6 A.M. and got tracking info almost immediately. My "item" arrived this morning at my local post office only to be a copy of the Pre-order from DJI.......I'm pissed, very deceiving if ya ask me. The seller should make you aware your "shipmemt" isn't what you think it is...
Screenshot_20161004-083744.png
Screenshot_20161004-083757.png
20161004_084252.jpg
Screenshot_20161004-084532.png
Screenshot_20161004-084539.png
Screenshot_20161004-084548.png

Well that's a bummer! Why not order a Yuneec Breeze and pretend it's your Mavic until the real one comes and then throw the breeze away. They look alike, nice and small with folding props. Just remember the Breeze can only fly 80 metres and the battery lasts about 12 mins. Sorry for pain.

Okay, I've just became an early adopter! I too couldn't get their website to work, so I purchased from DJI using Amazon website. $1299 includes controller, two extra batteries (not sure if that makes 3 total), two extra props, (photo shows 4?), 2 charging hub, car charger, battery to powerbank adaptor, and shoulder bag.

Hope there aren't toooooo many problems with the first build!

My understanding is that you can control it from a phone/pad for short distances, primarily for quick shots. I guess it must be wifi or Bluetooth capable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As;oreifjkl,ergd

Sent from my iPad using [url=http he nice part about buying from Amazon is if for some reason it is broken open arrival, Amazon picks up the expense to ship back, and your money back within hours of turning it in to UPS

So don't stuff it in your pocket. Problem solved. ;)
But that was the so cool selling point when everyone thought he was going to take it out of the bag, he just whipped it out of his back pocket and everyone went WOW! I have to have one and now it looks like it's going to be Christmas before we can all have one. :eek:

Well I had my hopes up.....I ordered my Mavic on the 29th off eBay at like 6 A.M. and got tracking info almost immediately. My "item" arrived this morning at my local post office only to be a copy of the Pre-order from DJI.......I'm pissed, very deceiving if ya ask me. The seller should make you aware your "shipmemt" isn't what you think it is...View attachment 66400 View attachment 66401 View attachment 66402 View attachment 66403 View attachment 66404 View attachment 66405
Regardless of the fact they sent you a pre-order, I would be very suspicious of someone selling a pre-order at that price. I would report them to Ebay, get your money back and buy from someone reputable. Unless you can find out for sure you have a real pre-order from a reputable source AND it's actually coming to you.

Z

Reactions: edoginasia
Well I had my hopes up.....I ordered my Mavic on the 29th off eBay at like 6 A.M. and got tracking info almost immediately. My "item" arrived this morning at my local post office only to be a copy of the Pre-order from DJI.......I'm pissed, very deceiving if ya ask me. The seller should make you aware your "shipmemt" isn't what you think it is...

If you click on the item full description you'll see that it's a pre-order. I have no idea why they sent that two page flyer, other than to let you know about when the Mavic will really ship!;)

I'm not pissed, although I got the same thing, it's just a matter of time before they get here...
IMG_0056.GIF

Reactions: dirkclod
But that was the so cool selling point when everyone thought he was going to take it out of the bag, he just whipped it out of his back pocket and everyone went WOW! I have to have one and now it looks like it's going to be Christmas before we can all have one. :eek:
Was it his pocket? I thought he had it in a bag hanging from the back. Either way, if you look at many of the reviews on YouTube, you'll see that you "can" put it in your pocket, but it's completely unwieldy and looks silly.

If you click on the item full description you'll see that it's a pre-order. I have no idea why they sent that two page flyer, other than to let you know about when the Mavic will really ship!;)

I'm not pissed, although I got the same thing, it's just a matter of time before they get here...
View attachment 66408
How it all works out. They do seem to do a lot of business with ebay so that's a plus

I received my printed pages of images of the Mavic from Yita motor as well. I receved a reply email today from them saying my order (placed on sept 28) is due to ship early november now. Originally it was October 24, now it's November....

Was it his pocket? I thought he had it in a bag hanging from the back. Either way, if you look at many of the reviews on YouTube, you'll see that you "can" put it in your pocket, but it's completely unwieldy and looks silly.
You're right M, it came from a bag he said he carried his water in. Never mind, I will continue to fly and enjoy my P4 until the first problems with the Mavic are ironed out and new firmware has been released . Wonder what he carries his water in now!:rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart