Mavic Release Discussion

looks awesome. can you hand catch in windy conditions...looking at the body id say no. also, trying to see if that lens will allow for ND filters...looks really sharp, specs seem on point. call me interested...will wait for more details and insight from you folks...im still enjoying the capabilities of my P3P
Only down sides I see is: max wind is 24 mph, slightly slower than Phantom 4.

I wonder about that clear plastic "cover" for the gimbal/camera. Will is foggy up, get moisture in it, get scratched?

I wonder if it has an HDMI port on the remote. I do like the googles they advertise, but i have 3 different type of HDMI goggles and dont want another.

The thing looks great in so many ways, what is going to convince my wife that I need a second drone?

I wonder if it has an HDMI port on the remote. I do like the googles they advertise, but i have 3 different type of HDMI goggles and dont want another.
In the Mavic Feature Thread, a DJI employee is quoted as stating the remote can do video-out from the micro-USB on the side. If that's the case, it's just a matter of getting a µUSB-to-HDMI adapter.

Can you send some details with that information?
I thought i saw the adapter on their page but they only list for hero 4 and 5 right now at $29.99

Did you notice that Camera control, camera charging and content offload are not supported for HERO Session. with the Karma grip?

Only down sides I see is: max wind is 24 mph, slightly slower than Phantom 4.

I wonder about that clear plastic "cover" for the gimbal/camera. Will is foggy up, get moisture in it, get scratched?
That's exactly what it is, a cover. It's not really meant to be on when you're flying taking photos or video.

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I put my order in from DJI. No tax, free shipping. And orders directly from DJI will probably be received first. Seems like a safe bet.

DJI Goggles look ridiculously massive. An HDMI cable off the controller seems more practical. I use Cinemizer goggles and HDMI cable for the Inspire. Works like a charm.

Would be nice to use iPad Mini.

But other features outweigh these deficits. I'm really excited about getting my hands on it!

Im a bit disappointed it hasn't got obstacle avoidance on the sides and rear, last I checked drones don't only fly forwards.
You needed to check this???

Reactions: BruteForce
I thought i saw the adapter on their page but they only list for hero 4 and 5 right now at $29.99

Did you notice that Camera control, camera charging and content offload are not supported for HERO Session. with the Karma grip?
No I didn't...that's definitely a bit of a downside. Where did you see that?

I'm so torn on what to do. I love the size of the session and it's basically the same camera as the Black without the touch screen and removable battery.

I feel like camera control is a HUGE feature.

So you install the filter in front of the camera just in case he gets skin cancer? :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can e.g attach a filter to allow longer exposure times in bright daylight for a more cinematic rendering.

/// Tom

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand the difference between the different packages offered by Mavic Pro and the "More Combo". Is the more combo just adding a bag, car charger, and extra battery for $300 more?! I would like the additional battery, but not all the other "more" so I'm guessing the battery will be around $125?

I'm trying to understand the difference between the different packages offered by Mavic Pro and the "More Combo". Is the more combo just adding a bag, car charger, and extra battery for $300 more?! I would like the additional battery, but not all the other "more" so I'm guessing the battery will be around $125?
Car charger, shoulder bag, charging hub, power bank adapter, two extra batteries, and two extra pairs of props.

Batteries are only $89 this time around.

Car charger, shoulder bag, charging hub, power bank adapter, two extra batteries, and two extra pairs of props.

Batteries are only $89 this time around.

So that's 3 total batteries with the more combo? I would guess props are around $25. Still not sure if the more combo is worth it. I don't need car charger, shoulder bag, charging hub, or power bank adapater. hmmm....decisions decisions!

Guess it just whether the charging hub, portable charger, bag, and spare props are worth the extra £84 over here. Personally, I'd be more or less on the fence, the bag is nice, charge hub would be handy, as would the 12v charger. If it was me, would probably go for the fly more pack.

So that's 3 total batteries with the more combo? I would guess props are around $25. Still not sure if the more combo is worth it. I don't need car charger, shoulder bag, charging hub, or power bank adapater. hmmm....decisions decisions!
Correct on the batteries - that's $178 right there.
QR Props are $9 a pair - $18 for both
Power Bank is $19
Shoulder Bag is $79 (oi)
Charging hub is $39
Car charger is $49.

So that's $382, which makes DJI's store correct: you save $82.

If you just want to buy two batteries, yes you'd save money, but everyone needs a car charger! And the charging hub does allow you to charge those multiple batteries in sequence without having to watch and swap them.

The rest is up to you.

Correct on the batteries - that's $178 right there.
QR Props are $9 a pair - $18 for both
Power Bank is $19
Shoulder Bag is $79 (oi)
Charging hub is $39
Car charger is $49.

So that's $382, which makes DJI's store correct: you save $82.

If you just want to buy two batteries, yes you'd save money, but everyone needs a car charger! And the charging hub does allow you to charge those multiple batteries in sequence without having to watch and swap them.

The rest is up to you.

Thanks for your input. For me and how I intend to use, there's just no reason to buy the fly more. I am fine charging at home. Just ordered directly from DJI! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT