Mavic Release Discussion

I purchased mine from a local shop. They say all going well (ie. no hold ups at customs) they should have them in stock mid-October the same time DJI will start selling.
Awesome! In Brisbane? I've tried Digidirect however they say second week of November.

I purchased mine from a local shop. They say all going well (ie. no hold ups at customs) they should have them in stock mid-October the same time DJI will start selling.
Would you please be able to tell me who you ordered it through?
I'm in Oz too and want to pre order.
How much deposit do they ask for to pre order?

Reactions: jaseman007
I wonder if the end goal isn't to push people into getting those goggles ($more money$). I'm sure an adapter for iPads will be built by someone pretty soon. Maybe I should start working on that. Could be a lot of money ...

Its was my understanding one of the rules was Not flying with goggles on..........correct me if I'm wrong

Elk Fish Robotics in Fremantle (Perth). That is, if they're telling the truth! I wouldn't be surprised if I went back mid-October to be told there was indeed a problem with customs and it'll be November...
edit: I paid full price, no deposit. Got to commit sometimes ;-)

Reactions: whitey66
wow where did this come from???
just sold my P3A 4 months ago with no intention to ever go back to DJI again..........omg I'm hooked again aaaaaahhhh curse you DJI
looks like il be buying another drone that il never use lol

Hi All
Has anyone come across the proposed price for it yet,.. and what about spare battery costs...?, I want on now.....
Waylander

It's all on the website. Quadcopters uk be your best bet. £999 for the main set, £1250 with the 2 extra batteries,case, car charger. Battery on its own £85.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but there is a great review of the Mavic over at saus news site.
They rave about Mavics abilities, I liked - Follow mode-any object, discern between people, animals ,etc.
Glowing review!

I was just about to purchase a p4 , until I saw this yesterday. I'm completely new to drones. Can someone tell me if my moto turbo 2 phone will be compatible with the mavic? Thank you.

After watching Casey's film above, you sure can see the difference in the camera quality between the P4 and the Mav. The P4 is crisp where the Mav is blurred a lot when compared. It will do just fine for the average Joe but the P4 is still a lot cleaner and has great ND filters. They both have their places as the Mav is more portable but I love the camera quality that I have now with my Phantom set ups.

Reactions: Cactus Wren
Maybe it's YouTube, but you do have to admit the test footage from this was a bit muddy compared to what you would get from a P3/P4. If true, I hope that's something that can be addressed via firmware.
I feel the same way, he seemed to be impressed with the image quality, so hopefully it's just YouTube.

Reactions: Cactus Wren
Maybe it's YouTube, but you do have to admit the test footage from this was a bit muddy compared to what you would get from a P3/P4. If true, I hope that's something that can be addressed via firmware.

Totally. I was surprised to see how the footage was just not that sharp. I'm still excited and this won't affect my pre-order....I am coming from a P2V+ and wanted something smaller anyway.

Totally. I was surprised to see how the footage was just not that sharp. I'm still excited and this won't affect my pre-order....I am coming from a P2V+ and wanted something smaller anyway.

I've noticed that too. I've seen a couple of online videos that weren't that impressive. But, you can't judge by online videos. I'm sure the Mavic camera video is of the same quality as the P4, P4...

Yes, I'm assuming that'll be a possibility. I bet it's not easy to hold an iPad and use it like a remote controller though.

I believe if you use your wifi mobile device as a controller, the distance is restricted severely. 60m max.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl