Mapping - Autonomous app's camera control

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have used lots of 3rd party apps in the past on other DJI Products with most glitches ironed out over the last couple of years, however I am new to the P4P, I use UAV's primarily for Mapping.

I have tried MapPilot, Drone Deploy, and Groundstation Pro with the same glitch. I am using an iPad Air 2, I have searched and looked through the forum prior to posting, however if the issue has been discussed I would be grateful if you point me in the right direction.

When planning a mission, even if the aircraft is connected and detected the ground resolution displayed is incorrect, (inspire/p3 level) and therefore as are the flight lines. This happens with all apps about half the time.

The second problem is Camera Control. Map pilot has the brilliant facility to adjust the camera shutter speed, however the iso even on auto mode is locked at 100. Has anyone got a solution to bump up the iso to get a faster shutter? At the moment I can not use the P4P. As the ambient light levels even on a sunny day are not bright enough for ISO100 where I live (at this time of year!)

I Imagine there is some catching up to do by the app developers as well as the SDK, but if anyone has a solution to the above problems feel free to explain. Many thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that software, have you tried powering up the aircraft, adjusting the ISO in DJI GO 4, closing GO and then opening up your mapping software?

It's worth a try!

I'm not familiar with that software, have you tried powering up the aircraft, adjusting the ISO in DJI GO 4, closing GO and then opening up your mapping software?

It's worth a try!

I tried this, and can confirm it works, set ISO in DJI go, leave the camera set to auto within the 3rd party app otherwise it defaults back to ISO 100 when you try to change a setting, I haven't tried other exposure modes beyond auto in DJI Go just yet though.

Reactions: CleethorpesKid

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl