Manual mode.

Reaction score
Today I've decided to test my bird in manual mode...
So I've removed the gimbal and mounted props that are not perfect in case of a crash.
and....... I love it..!! So much speed and it makes flips like there's no tomorrow. When descending with the left stick all the way down it's as fast as a freefall (and wobbly).
It was very windy today which made it even more difficult and scary.

At least you'll have no problem getting a buyer for your camera and gimbal, clever move taking them off. Get a cheap stunt quad for manual flying, the p2v+ was made to be a flying camera. Much better alternatives out the for manual flying.

I got the RC Logger Eye One Xtreme for my manual mode needs... just can't see risking the high dollars on the Phantom if something should go wonky ... BUT ... Part of what you had going there was the loss of 100+ grams or whatever taking off the gimbal... I flew that way for a few days in ATTI mode just because I was flying low down under trees and a large roof and I knew I wouldn't have GPS and there was nothing much to be filming... Having all that weight taken off was a rip!! Flies totally different :ugeek:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
the p2v+ was made to be a flying camera. Much better alternatives out the for manual flying.

so people keep saying but that won't stop me from pushing it to the limits as thats what i do with all my gadgets :p

this time I've done it with camera on it (too bad the gimble is going crazy when the aircraft is upside down even in FPV mode)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZNeB8fQF8[/youtube]

Hey pretty cool but I'd be worried about the gimbal trying to over compensate and breaking, you know how fragile they are.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl