Manual gimbal

Reaction score
My question is if I don't want to connect the gimbal for pitch control can I simply adjust the angle of the Gopro that I want to record in and just have the gimbal stay steady. I just want to adjust the angle of the camera manually not with transmitter. Is this possible and is there a certain gimbal I need for this. I am not planning on opening up the controller to do that. Thanks

My question is if I don't want to connect the gimbal for pitch control can I simply adjust the angle of the Gopro that I want to record in and just have the gimbal stay steady. I just want to adjust the angle of the camera manually not with transmitter. Is this possible and is there a certain gimbal I need for this. I am not planning on opening up the controller to do that. Thanks

Reactions: kjar211
I saw the video really cool but doesn't say the make and model. I sent guy message.

This gimbal
It's on the video. Walkera G2D plastic gimbal. The plastic is lighter than the metal one. It can be had for about $70. Some will charge more. It can be powered from the aux power leads from the Phantom. I power mine with a separate 7.4 volt 850 ma lipo. No need to connect to Phantom. The pitch can be adjusted by a small pot on the gimbal.

I have to open my P1 the aux power wire is not showing through any holes. If I want to solder to that aux wire it would be a JST plug and what's the name of the other plug that I may use that connects to balance of battery. Some gimbal's use either jst or white plug.

I have to open my P1 the aux power wire is not showing through any holes. If I want to solder to that aux wire it would be a JST plug and what's the name of the other plug that I may use that connects to balance of battery. Some gimbal's use either jst or white plug.
The flight time on a P1 with the gimbal and gopro camera is already short. About eight minutes or so on 2200 ma batteries. If you use the flight battery to power the gimbal it will be less. Something to think about.

Another reason I didn't want to use the Phantom power for the gimbal is if the gimbal shorted or something, I didn't want it bringing down the Phantom.

I want to say thank you all for the guidance I opened it up and found the aux cable. I fixed it through the hole. Thank u all for the guidance. Next step install gimbal xmas time lol

hey man, im on long island, i just installed a walkera g-2d gimbal into mine. i can help you out if you need.

hey man, im on long island, i just installed a walkera g-2d gimbal into mine. i can help you out if you need.

Awesome thank you. I should be getting it around the holidays. I'm in Levittown. Do you fly with a group out solo

Awesome thank you. I should be getting it around the holidays. I'm in Levittown. Do you fly with a group out solo

sometimes with friends but mostly solo. i usually like to shoot video with my phantom but long island doesnt really have any interesting scenery to film lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl